Character's

Whats everyone's personal favourite playable characters and why ? what skills are great with them and why ?

im currently playing a Redguard / Sword and Board / Mainly Smithing level 14

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm on my 6th character now, played as Breton (2x) , Redguard, Nord (2x) and now Imperial for first time, going for purely the strength factor. One/two handed, heavy armour etc. My other characters mainly the stealth and/or mage. Not sure why, but I don't like playing as the different species. Just can't get into them.

My ORC (Hogrin) is my main character - i've always loved Orcs, and thanks to skyrim's brilliant character creation, i've finally been able to create the most bada** looking Orc of all time - he's a heavy armour wearing juggernaut with a soft spot for two handed weapons and having just finished ' the eye of magnus ' , he's now a pretty awesome mage too - gotta say when I was handed over the arch-mage quarters, I was like a kid in a sweet shop, all those potions and ingredients lying around - Happy Days!

I'm a fantasy fan and always have been and i play games where I can do magic so I'm an elf, usually a dark elf because they have a more versatile skill set and that matters early. I never could get into being a wood elf, not sure why. I was a Breton in Oblivion mostly because the elves were ugly (I'm a girl, looks matter). I also love the bow. It was not very useful in Morrowind but was better in Oblivion and better still in Skyrim. I'm still considering whether I want to try again with an Imperial Battlemage using destruction and one-handed.

For some reason in this game I just love playing a Nord. In all the previous TES games dating back to Daggerfall, I was always a Breton, but in this game I like being a Nord. I find in Skyrim that I enjoy the Warrior type classes and the Stealthy Thief/Assassin types, but I do not enjoy being a Mage. I find the Magic in Skyrim to be soreley lacking, but I very much enjoy the Melee and Ranged Combat mechanics.

Today was rainy/stormy so I started the Imperial Battlemage. She's still very new but I seem to be doing okay at the one-handed sword thing. I still used sneak and a bow on draghrs in Bleak Falls when it would work but one hand with flame and one hand with a steel sword worked good too and it really did fine on the bandits. Of course the real problem is the bandits at Bleak Falls are tutorial level bandits and I know they will get worse but I'm trying to level a bit before I tackle the main quest and unleash dragons on the world. In fact I may not do the main quest with this character.

I'm running a sneaky werewolf Nord who favors sword and dagger, but can handle a bow pretty well, also. Aside from potions and the occasional enchanted item she picks up, she's distrustful of magic and doesn't use any herself other than the Shouts.

My first character was an argonian. The water breathing and disease/poison resistances are very useful, and can be used for escaping enemies too (swim underwater and wait). I've got a few others that I've made solely for the ohgma glitch for experimentation, but I'm planning a new character here soon that's going to be solely unarmed combat. I'll be using a shield since block no longer exists for boxing (not sure why), but should be interesting either way.

lol 0