Character vanished completely?

I don't think there is anything that can be done, but I want to know if anyone else has had this problem.  I am a 26 gunzerker and last night I was wrapping up the Pirate DLC.  I struggled beating the Leviathan solo so I called it a night.  A few minutes ago I turned on the game to give it another try and my Gunzerker had completely disappeared.  The file completely gone and erased.  I checked my storage and it was gone.  Someone couldn't have gone in and erased it because there was no one at my place who had the opportunity or ability.  It had to be some massive glitch but I have never heard of something like that.  I made sure to not shut down when the game was saving, I know that can mess things up.  Has anyone else had a problem with that.  30 hours of gameplay down the drain.  I apologize for going negative on borderlands here but after this mess I will sell my game this weekend and will NEVER buy another game made by the company.  Until today they were some of  my favorite games for this console. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Also, I read up on the virus from the disabled mode that was happening a while back and I don't think this is it.  I don't play with people online unless it is my brother and his friends and haven't with them in a long while because they passed me a while ago.

No one has any thoughts?

i had a bigger post but it vanished completely.

make back up of your save game to a flash drive.

never turn your system of when the game is saving.

if your not going to buy a game by that company then don't buy one from any they are all members of the IGDA

I plan on backing up my games from now on, that is a good suggestion.  I never turn off my game while it is saving.  Yes, they may all be members of the IGDA but not all companies are created equal.  Some companies seem to have no problem releasing games that are still buggy and glitchy when they come out (Borderlands 2 is not the only one, but a good example).  Truthfully that last statement doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  There may be an overarching body all are part of but if I am pissed about my issues with borderlands 2 that doesn't really have anything to do with the people behind Dead Space 3 or Call of Duty...

i find the best game developer company has to be Blizzard, i mean they take so long for their games to come out and they are very good and people play them for years.

i wonder with the coming next generation of game consoles if they will develop for them like they did in the past.

I doubt that Blizzard has plans to venture into xbox or playstation territory anytime in the near future.  Its a safe bet that the Diablo, Warcraft, and StarCraft franchises aren't coming to the consoles ever.  It would be nice if they branched out and did something new for the consoles but I don't see it happening.  They are such a juggernaut that they don't need to.  They can bring the people to them.