Character Names...

I've recently discovered that a character in the up coming game 'Dead Island' has the name Logan, I took extra noticed because that's my name.  The King in Fable 3 is also named Logan.  This got me to thinking, what determines the name of a character in any given video game.

To be honest I thought it was cool that the name Logan was used in each game, though 'Logan' isn't used very often, why not use a more popular name?

Also, what is the most popular video game character name?  And what name would you like to see being used more often?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Wolverine is generally called Logan.

Well, yeah...  But he's more of a comic book character than a video game character, that and he's a re-occuring character.

Yeah but he made the name Logan cool, So did the TV show Logan's run. I don't really pay attention to names, other wise I would be starting a thread because a Character in Deus Ex has my name.

the only time I have ever pointed out something in a game that relates to me was when I made my Saints Row character look exactly like me, then took the game over my friends house and watched his jaw drop that a Video game character looked like me and even stood and moved like me. I let him in on the fact I had to customize him a little bit later on. But the expression was priceless.