Character importing help.

I have only played ME2 so I'm not sure how the process works. When you transfer your character over to the next game can I make changes to my appearance? I also assume I will be able to form relationships with new characters even though I already have one from ME3. Or does anyone think I should just start fresh? I plan to buy ME1 after I finish ME3 and do a complete play through later! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You were able to change the appearance of your imported character in MASS Effect 2, so I'm guessing that we'll be afforded the same luxury in the finale, I hope so, I want my Shepard to have purple hair!...:-)

Remember though that in Mass Effect 2 you could not edit the appearance of an imported Shepard.

-

You had the option to keep Shepard exactly as imported, create a new face or use the default.

Ok I'm fine with starting over with a new face entirely.

I thought that I remember having the change appearance option appear after importing in MASS Effect 2, but maybe not...:-)

[quote user="voteDC"]

Remember though that in Mass Effect 2 you could not edit the appearance of an imported Shepard.

-

You had the option to keep Shepard exactly as imported, create a new face or use the default.

[/quote]

That's not correct. I edited the appearance of all but one of my imports. Think I did it by changing the coding (accessible down at the bottom of the screen).

However, we couldn't alter ***.

Haven't done this in awhile, but I know that the import happens before the destruction of The Normandy for I wouldn't have seen Liara onboard, the change appearance option appears after the intro is over, I think it even downright asks you if you want to change it or not, doesn't it?...:-)

Funny, I imported my ME1 to ME2 Shepard and saw Ashley at the beginning even though Liara was the romance I had in ME1. It took knowledge of all my other choices, though, and when talking to Liara again it brought up the previous romance they had (I think).

[quote user="Arkham99"]

Haven't done this in awhile, but I know that the import happens before the destruction of The Normandy for I wouldn't have seen Liara onboard, the change appearance option appears after the intro is over, I think it even downright asks you if you want to change it or not, doesn't it?...:-)

[/quote]

It's been a while for me too. But the way I remember it, in the very beginning (before any cut scenes) we import our Shepard based solely from character attributes and choices made in ME 1. Then the destruction of the Normandy and Shepard dies. It's during the Lazarus project (surgery) that we then seen our imported Shepard - and make any changes.

Don't know if this will show up. I have made 2 other post in other threads and they aren't showing.

What voteDC said is correct.

When you get to the Lazarus project surgery you have 3 options. Import Appearance, Use Shemploo, or Change Appearance.

If you Import your appearance then the game moves on to the Class Selection and then the game starts. You can not alter your ME 1 face at all.

If you use Change appearance then it starts from scratch. You do not get the chance to make any minor changes to your old appearance. You just start over.

Well I did. Changed one from a brunette to a blonde. But again, I did it through the coding system at the bottom (and yes I'm on a 360).