Changing the Game

If you became a Gaming Industry Ceo, what would be one thing you'd change about gaming?

Example;  I'd tell all developers to make it impossible to skip game cut scenes. 

IMO, people who skip cutscenes don't get their whole moneys worth, and not fully understanding the story through the cutscenes, they judge only through gameplay, sometimes confused, because of something they didn't catch in the cutscene mode, yet blame the game for it's lack of (whatever THEY want).  E.G my brother.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I would make a new anti cheat system called GTFOC (Get the f*** out cheater)

I would make a video game about a Military Elite country guy that wheres a vest, bandana around his face, and a raccoon skin hat.

He along with the US Military would invade Mexico due to massive blood shed caused by the Mexican Cartel on our side of the border.

A CEO would not be interested on how to make games.

When you get to upper levels of management, you are no longer part of the development process.

That's silly.  I don't skip cut-scenes myself unless I've already played.  I don't see why you'd care if others choose to do so though.

[quote user="DyingSoldierXX"]

If you became a Gaming Industry Ceo, what would be one thing you'd change about gaming?

Example;  I'd tell all developers to make it impossible to skip game cut scenes. 

IMO, people who skip cutscenes don't get their whole moneys worth, and not fully understanding the story through the cutscenes, they judge only through gameplay, sometimes confused, because of something they didn't catch in the cutscene mode, yet blame the game for it's lack of (whatever THEY want).  E.G my brother.

[/quote]Change that to you can't skip a cut scene the first time through and you'd have a winner with me. It can be really annoying playing a game and you just want to get back to the action but you are forced to sit through a cut-scene you've seen countless times before.

On the flip side of that I'd actually like to see more games offer the option of being able to pause a cut-scene, because yoy know that at the critical point someone will want you at that exact instance, or something will happen which you have to deal with straight away, meaning you miss the cut-scene.

I would make Xbox Live free, no game passes, reduce the 60$ price tag of new games to $40, scrap Microsoft points and let the customers see the real price of what download-able content they are paying for. Customer satisfaction comes first.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I would tell my development team to completely mess with avid/dedicated achievement hunters because I have a few on my friends list. For example, my game would have 21 achievements, 20 of them are worth 5 points and they are ultra easy to obtain. Then the last one is worth 900. However, I would tell my team to purposely make it glitched so it is virtually impossible to get, so all the achievement hunters would get butt-hurt and cry for days.

Or I would have 25 achievements, 24 of them come out to equal 999 points, and then one last 1 point achievement that is glitched. Idk....whichever is more annoying.

I would tell the developers that they have to do anything about cheating, glitches, hacking, rage quiters. Delete online achievements because a lot of people boost these kind of achievements and don't make any ''Kill 100.000'' or other achievements. Create achievements for the storyline of the game. Or, it must be a great online game like Battlefield. Then I can understand it why they have online achievements.

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

I would make Xbox Live free, no game passes, reduce the 60$ price tag of new games to $40, scrap Microsoft points and let the customers see the real price of what download-able content they are paying for. Customer satisfaction comes first.

[/quote]

The money Microsoft gets from LIVE keeps everything up and running.  Making it free would actually turn the service to s*** because the good quality servers would have to be downgraded since there is no money to afford it.

A CEO that drops the price of a game from $60 to $40 wont be a CEO very long.... LOL, giving away services that people already pay for????  not good business managment. A very small increase in price (say 80 cents) would be a heck of an idea on games. Advertise a special feature for people who complete the game and watch the credits, and give them a online discount (say $5.00) towards there next game purchase.

If it's a new game to me, I play every cut scene in it.  After that, it depeneds on the game or cut scene.