Changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account.

I'm having to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account, as I'm no longer going to be using the one that's currently assigned to it. I know this is pretty simple to do on my Xbox, but I also have a Windows 8 phone (HTC 8X). I know the only way to change the Microsoft account on the phone is to restore it to factory settings and start again - is this going to be the same for me changing my email address? Or will it just ask me to sign back in or something? Also, if I do have to restore my phone, is there a quick way of re-downloading all of the music I've downloaded through the Xbox Music store? And what would happen to the stuff I have backed up on Skydrive, would that still be accessible?

Sorry for all the questions, I just have about 10GB of stuff on my phone that I would be devastated to lose!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Your concerns are completely reasonable! To answer your question, any changes made to the email will require the phone be reset. You will still be able to access all of the account's content using the new email (SkyDrive, purchases, music, etc). I don't think there is a quick way to restore all music to the phone. The best way I can think of would be to make a playlist with all of your music at music.xbox.com, and then download the songs from within the playlist in the Music+videos hub. I don't have a phone with me at the moment, but I THINK there was a "Download all in playlist" option last time I was doing something like this.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.