Changing a game's language

Hello,

I bought the game Portal 2, and on the box it says that it would have dutch subtitles.
But in the game I see nowhere an option to change the subtitles to dutch, only english.
My locale on the xbox is set to The Netherlands and the language to English as we dont have Dutch language to choose.
I bought the game in a store in The Netherlands, its a PAL game. Does somebody know how I can change it to dutch?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 70 Applies to:

The only way to get subtitles in Portal 2 is by going into Audio Settings --> and then selecting Closed Captioning. If the desired closed captioning language is not there, i believe the game does not support the closed captioning you are looking for. Sorry.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I enabled  the subtitles but it's only in english. The box from portal 2 says on the back, that there would be dutch subtitles, so I was wondering why it isn't there.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately Simone this would be an issue only the Publisher of the game, Valve, can assist with, as it's an in game feature. You can contact them for support here: support.steampowered.com/kb_cat.php . I hope you are able to resolve it, however! Portal 2 is an amazing game, well worth the effort. :) Cheers!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, Thanks. I will contact them then. Thanks for your answer, and its indeed a great game.

Sorry this didn't help.