change/what region to use in sweden with X1 - payment options

Hi,

Will get my imported X1 in couple of days :) Have a few questions regarding region and how to pay for digital content.

1. What region should I use, UK or USA?

2. What steps should I take to change my account to another region?

3. I understand that I can't use a swedish creditcard, but will I be able to use a prepaid giftcard like the ones that can be bought on amazon.com as a payment option for digital content through the X1? Any other options? Paypal?

4. Will kinect understand english if I use Uk or USA as region altough I'm outside the choosen region?!

take care //pierre

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi!

From what I gather the console and games (disc) are region free. So to play you shouldn't have to switch region.

Downloadable content and services can/will be locked to a region. In that case you might still not be able to access them if you switch region. I'll just be clear that I have no experience of how this works on the One but on 360, region locked content requires a match between your account region and your physical region.

I don't really know if switching region to somewhere you're not located will help you or cause you more grief.

2. Official info on changing region, please read the info carefully. You won't be able to change more than once every three months: support.xbox.com/.../change-region

Not an answer to all your questions, but at least some info.

Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.