Changed gametag, got all my chars on Dark soul deleted, Why???

like title said, chars got deleted becouse I changed my gametag, can some1 say why the hell they got deleted becouse of it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Your game saves are linked to your gamertag that is why it is not working.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

On the console, saves are filed under gamertags and only the person with that gamertag can access the save file for playing a game. The saves did not get deleted as they should still be on your memory device under your previous gamertag's name. You can fix the problem by changing your gamertag back to your previous one that is listed on the save file. sadly, since you changed your gamertag once, it will cost you 800 msp to change it back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there!  I'd like to hop in here to say that there should not be any compatibility issues with a changed GT, assuming you did the 800 MSP change.  (If you just got a new account, well that's a different story!)  Do any other games not load their saves for you?  Also, do you see your save file, but without characters in it?  Please give us a bit more info at what you're seeing and we'll see what can be done!

Sorry this didn't help.

well I only have one game for now and that is dark soul and I can only see 1 file in my old tag and 1 file in my new tag and its name is drak0005 .s.l2 and some1 said that I can add the old tag+file into the new tag and it shud work but it does not, but my 2 chars I had was around 20 or so it was not to much and I have made new char that are around 15 so I am close  in lv but was bit forward in the old chars

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't transfer saves to other profiles I'm afraid. If you create a new account then you are basically starting from scratch. If you go to your: dashboard > settings > memory and scroll down to Dark Souls, you will see a save there with a gamertag underneath. I'm assuming that will be your old tag. Anyone other than that tag cannot use that save.

I'm afraid your only choices are to either:

1. Start Dark Souls again with your new tag.
  2. Forget about the new tag and stick with your old one.
  3. Forget about the new tag, pay the 800msp to change the old tag name.

That's all you are able to do I'm afraid. If there's anything else you need help with, please feel free to ask via this forum or PM :)

Sorry this didn't help.