Certain Xbox 360 games not working

My Xbox 360 seems to have a weird issue of not wanting to play two certain games. First it was DMC. I got it when it first came out (new) and put it in my xbox. My Xbox continuously said the disc wasn't readable, so I took the game back and exchanged it for a different one, thinking the game itself was the problem since I've never had this issue before. 

I took that game home and tried it, only to find the same message. I tried the game in my father's Xbox 360, and it worked perfectly fine. I ended up having to download the game to my console before it would let me play it. 

Now fast forward from then to just about a week ago, when my Black Ops 2 started to not want to work. Which is weird, since I've had it since near its release date and it never had any problems before. But now, 9/10 times I try to play it, it says the disc is unreadable. Sometimes I'll be lucky and it will let me play, but the times it does, I've noticed that it freezes a lot now. 

The disc has no scratches and no damage, and when I tried it in my father's Xbox 360 today, it played just fine with no issues at all. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

you can the steps of:

clear the system cache - go to hard drive and select X for device options and choose clear system cache

check for any corrupted files on the storage device

roll back the system update and re-install go to storage device , ie have hhd highlighted and then press lb,rb,x,lb,rb,x

or remove and re-attach the hhd if the console if it has a hard drive

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have had this same issue before with my own 360. I used a laser cleaner that you can buy at Best Buy or any electronic store. Here's a link to one on the GameStop website. www.gamestop.com/.../93068. This solved my problem immediately when the disc was actually read. It took me about 50-60 times of opening and closing the tray before it finally read the disc, and I've had no issues since! Hope this helps!

gb

Sorry this didn't help.

It is never recommended to use a disc laser cleaner.  I believe it even states so in the manual that came with your console.

Sorry this didn't help.

this sounds like a problem with ur disk driver in the xbox you  should contact xbox live to get it repaired i once had the same issue with mw3 :)

Sorry this didn't help.

If your disk tray is on it's way out get intouch with customer support, they will help you out with a step by step instructions on what to do next.

Sorry this didn't help.