Certain channels not showing on Xbox One

I have my cable box hooked up to my Xbox One and it works perfectly fine. I can control the channels, volume and everything else. I only issue I am having is there are certain channels that are not working at all for me. Specifically ESPN 1/2 and Spike TV. All the ESPN channels work via the ESPN app for me but not through the normal tv app. I get these channels when my cable box is hooked up normally. Any help?

Bright House Networks is the provider

Bright House is the cable box (Samsung model, but it's Bright House)

Zip Code is 33704

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I called support and got it fixed. While your xbox is turned on. Press the power button on the console and hold it pressed for 10-15 seconds. Then let the button go. This flushes out the cache. Fixed it for me. TV is working fine now.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ROLYGUY7,

I believe the fix you were provided takes care of the case where the TV app does not show the TV and is in a frozen state. Performing a power cycle clears the cache and resets the network card, but this shouldn't have any bearing on the TV channel listing in the OneGuide. I'm in a similar situation with my cable provider not showing all available channels (excluding the SD/HD duplicate setting). I know some of the Xbox Support/Staff were interested in this based on some other forum topics so I imagine they are still looking into the root of the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey NinjaPenguin, it's not completely clear what is happening when you go to ESPN. Are you getting a black screen? A frozen image? Something else?

Have you tried setting your Samsung STB to output Stereo PCM audio instead of Dolby/Surround sound? Or tried going to Live TV settings -> Troubleshooting and enabling the Surround Sound (Beta) option?

PM on Groove Music, formerly worked on OneGuide, TV, and Game Streaming on Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.