Certain Apps Don't Support .1 Audio Support (Subwoofer)

I recently purchased a Sony str-dn840 audio receiver along with front speakers and a subwoofer. The FR/FL speakers work fine with all applications, and I've had no problems whatsoever in that area.

The subwoofer is a BIC PL-200 powered subwoofer. It works fine for most uses thus far. I've tested it directly with the receiver via a bluetooth connection to my phone. I've also watched movies on xbox video and the xbox netflix app. In both cases, movies played fine with subwoofer output.

However, when I use several other apps, the subwoofer has no output - this is without changing any settings on the receiver compared to other applications that I mentioned above which work fine. The xbox apps specifically that DO NOT work with the subwoofer are as follows: youtube, vimeo, and the IE browser app (I tried pandora via the IE app). I have yet to try it with the HBO go app

I've searched google and these forums and found nothing related, so anything on this topic would be helpful at this point.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 401 Applies to:

I was having a similar issue, and just posted a possible solution in this thread.

forums.xbox.com/.../4402401.aspx

Short version, try setting your audio output on the Xbox One to uncompressed stereo, which should allow your AVR to process the signal into surround sound, including using the Subwoofer.

EX470 w/ 2GB RAM and 4x 500GB HDD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there.  I have the same receiver and during xbox 1 setup it was not a selectable option.  Which receiver did you select?  I went with the 1040 and am wondering if that is what is causing my sound issues.  30% of the time the Xbox 1 won't send a sound signal to my receiver, and I have to restart the xbox (which restarts everything) to fix.  Thoughts?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to select it, but without the dash "-", so it shows up as "STRDG910" in the list of available receivers on the Xbox One.

EX470 w/ 2GB RAM and 4x 500GB HDD

Sorry this didn't help.

I was having a similar issue, and just posted a possible solution in this thread.

forums.xbox.com/.../4402401.aspx

Short version, try setting your audio output on the Xbox One to uncompressed stereo, which should allow your AVR to process the signal into surround sound, including using the Subwoofer.

confirmed this works!!! Thanks!!!

Sorry this didn't help.