cerberus in ME3

guys, from the release of the latest trailers, i am not happy!  i personally support TIM over the council, at least TIM wants to prepare for the war with the reapers, while the council on the other hand just ignores it, and may i remind you, the council saw soverign FIRST HAND!!! and saw the destruction one ship caused, and the relative size of soverign compaerd to the other geth warships, and design suggest that it wasnt produced from geth technology.  but instead of preparing, they just simply ignore. 

Then i see trailers where i am actually killing cerberus agent!?!?! why would they reveal something so unexpected (i ended on good terms with TIM, with my main shep, and support what he does, IE kept the reaper ship) as switching sides once agian and actually fighting the people that saved you!!!!!! not to mention the trailer is about 7 months away from the games release, and already i know who i am fighting? 

im not happy with that, i hope they give you an option to side with cerberus over the alliance, because if it wasnt for cerberus, the collectors would have abducted ALL the humans in the galaxy, built another reaper, and then that reaper would have killed everyone because the council would just try to "IGNORE" it.  what are your guys' opinion on this? i cant possibly be the only human concerns> alien concerns person can i?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

TIM is indoctrinated. Even if you were on good terms, he wants to kill you. Because the Reapers want to kill you.  And it is easy to say Sovereign is Geth because it looks like the other Geth ships, and attacked with the other Geth ships.

So if the Council thinks that it is only a Geth problem, why would they halt everything to prepare against ships that are only Legend. Because you told them to?

This post WILL have spoilers.

Personally, I find Cerberus to be abhorrent in their attitude towards non humans, and even humans alike (look at what happened to Admiral Kahoku and his men, the experiements with the Thorian Creepers and Rachnii, The Colony of the Dead as well as Akuze). Jack Harper, while he may of had noble intentions when forming Cerberus (as seen in the comic, Evolution), is a speciest and bigot imo.

True, Cerberus did bring Shepard back from the dead, but that was only as a means to a end. You go around collecting tech (sent back to Cerberus), doing Cerberus missions (which gives Cerberus a good rep) and gain intel (which empowers Cerberus even more). In 2170 on Yandoa, a Alliance colony world, a Eldfell-Ashland Energy vessel exploded in the planet's atmosphere, exposing the colony to dust-form element zero. This resulted in children born with birth defects and tumors. Thirty-seven children were not only born healthy but with biotic abilities. That 'incident' was caused by Cerberus, to conduct future experiments on Biotics.

Gillian Grayson, first mentioned in Mass Effect: Ascension (and was born on Yandoa), during her time at the Alliance's "Ascension" project was drugged by Dr. Jiro Toshiwa (A Cerberus agent) , apparently in an attempt to increase her biotic potential. It worked and gave her biotics the desired effect, where she threw a fellow student and created a singularity... and she was only 12 at the time.

Her father, Paul Grayson, a former Cerberus operative, was captured and implanted with Reaper tech, with the premise it was done to try and find a way to stop the Reapers (which more than likely TIM orchestrated so as to find a way to prevent himself falling under Reaper control as he suffered a partial indoctrination in Mass Effect: Evolution). All it did was turn him, like Saren, into a avatar of the Reapers as he was fully indoctrinated (just like Saren was... yet the Turian was able to break free at the end to kill himself... but Nazara manipulated Saren's body through his implants etc).

I never even let Cerberus have the Collector base, always destroying it... both as a Paragon and a Renegade. Paragon, to ensure that Cerberus never got their hands on the tainted tech there... and Renegade, just to spite Cerberus and TIM. I'm glad Cerberus is the enemy in ME3, and not only will we get to take care of TIM's right hand man, Kai Leng (First introduced in Mass Effect: Retribution), but I hope we'll get to put a bullet into TIM's forehead!

The Illusive Man has been behind the whole thing all along, what's still unclear is what his own personal reasons are for wanting Shepard to believe otherwise...:-)

[quote user="Arkham99"]

The Illusive Man has been behind the whole thing all along, what's still unclear is what his own personal reasons are for wanting Shepard to believe otherwise...:-)

[/quote] Who knows what his true motivations are.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

[/quote]

umm no he hasn't. go read my post about 10 things you should know from the comics/books. this all started when an AI scientist working on a top secret Alliance project found a reaper device. this reaper device was then found by Saren and from there he found Soveriegn. no where in there (to anyones knowledge nor has there been any other hint of it in any of the comics or books) that TIM was involved. also might I add that the reaper device was found 15-20ish years (will check on this) before the events of ME1 so TIM wasn't even a part of Cerberus yet.

TIM did interact with a device similar to the Devils Tounges (spike things that huskify people) long enough to have a little Reaper stuff put in him but they don't control him. How do I know that? well if the Reapers controlled TIM then why would TIM send shepard after the Collector base. the Reapers know whats there and wouldn't need someone to go there (and possibly destroy it) to capture it for them since they control the Collectors.

The Alliance researcher was Shu Qian, with a Batarian backer, Edan Had'dah. That event happened slightly before the events in the novel, Mass Effect: Revelations. Sovereign was found near the Perseus Veil, and it was Edan who found it (Through one of his survey teams).

TIM encountered a Reaper artifact found on Shanxi, by Turian General Desolas, the older brother of Saren. One of TIM's friends, a Ben Hilsop was apparently killed by the artifact (later find out he was turned into a Husk) and the energy which killed him affected TIM, a partial indoctrination hence TIM's glowing blue eyes. It was after the events of Evolution, that TIM founded Cerberus... discarding his former life as Jack Harper.

So it's been confirmed TIM is indoctrined?  Creepy, I need to read these damn comics!

He's not fully indoctrinated... as was shown in Mass Effect: Evolution, it was his comrade, Ben Hilsop, who took the full brunt from the artifact. Jack Harper got caught in the backwash, and was only partially affected. However, over time, who knows what the effect could do.

It's pretty clear to me that The Illusive Man was working WITH The Collectors, whatever happened before the events of MASS Effect is just background information or "setting the table", if you like.  How did he know about The Collector Ship just sitting out there in space supposedly taken out by The Turians, or The Derelict Reaper with the IFF?  Whatever stage of indoctrination he's in is irrelevant, he, like The Collectors, has been repurposed to serve Harbinger's grand design.  This is the same guy who experimented on every race he could get his nicotine stained hands on, why is it so hard to believe that he'd do the same to Humans?  He needed liquified Humans to invigorate his Human Reaper Toy and fashioned it to look like The Collectors were behind it, when all they were doing was his dirty work for him.  Why send Shepard to The Collector homeworld then?  Shepard's mind is unique, in that, he/she can interface Prothean with Human technology without "losing it", and he needed to harvest Shepard's mind for his overgrown toy, trouble is, it backfired in his face.  I shall enjoy dismantling his giant toy mech with him inside of it in MASS Effect 3...:-)  

But do we know that? It would be an interesting twist, but I never got the conclusion lol