CEA: Another ODST style ripoff?

At first I had high hopes for CEA.  Now that it is out of the hands of Bungie, I thought, maybe we will get a real matchmaking where you can play the maps you want, you won't get banned for "network difficulties" or a scratched disk, and FINALLY, FINALLY we could pilot a vehicle again in Team Slayer!

But no.  Now I hear that CEA is nothing but the Reach engine, Reach servers, Reach matchmaking, and Reach is even getting the CEA maps.  This is starting to sound like the ODST ripoff where, if you buy the game for multiplayer, save your money because ODST Multiplayer was literally a copy of Halo 3 Multiplayer on a separate disk.  PLEASE tell me that's not what is going to happen here!

Does anyone know?  I've even heard that Reach is going to get all the CEA maps eventually, so that tells me that after some (short) amount of time if not at release time, Reach and CEA are going to be the same game WRT online multiplayer.  If that's the case and the CEA multiplayer is an exact copy of Reach (like ODST was to Halo 3), no way I'm wasting another $60 like I did on that ODST crap!

Mike

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ha ha, yeah, ODST was pretty rubbish. I liked the way you could switch between team member's experiences but that was it.

ODST was a complete rip off and personally the worst game of the entire Halo series.  That game should have been $30.00.   Bungie messed up big time selling that for $60.00.    

Halo CE is well worth the purchase IMO.   Especially if you are someone like myself that never got into Halo until Halo 2.  So I missed out completely on Halo CE.   Its amazing to me how fun this game is for being a 10 year old game.  The co-op is a blast online and the graphic improvement is excellent. Its fun switching back and forth to see the old graphics and have a good laugh.   I am very happy with my Halo CE anniversary purchase.  

Before you start to slag the game off, why not try it for yourself and find out what its like? There is an old saying which comes to mind... "Better to let people think you're a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it." I've just got the game and will reserve judgement until I've played through it.

I loved ODST.  This game is sitting at home waiting for me (traveling on biz) to re-live 10 years ago with all my buds.  My poor wife has to go through the CE ringer again.  And this go around, my kids can play with me!

You can never re-create the CE multiplayer.  This is a pure campaign revisit for me.  Looking forward to Legendary again, when it actually was!

[quote user="MayhemsShadow"]

id rather just download the whole thing from marketplace. is it just the maps or can the whole thing be downloaded

[/quote]

I asume that at first it will be retail only but I have no doubt that it will eventually be released on Games on Demand

i want the Grunt Birthday Skull so i just preordered today !!!!!

id rather just download the whole thing from marketplace. is it just the maps or can the whole thing be downloaded

Really Good Game With Cheap Price :)

to add to what Gooch said... the maps are going to be DLC next week (along side the launch of Halo CE).  i'm more than willing to pay $25 to co-op ce's campaign again with some ol' buddies over live.  

It has been confirmed that you will be able to purchase just the maps for 1500 ms points and not have to buy the campaign disc. So if all you want is the new maps yer covered.