CBS All Access App Won't Load on XBOX 360

I have been trying to get the CBS All Access App to load for 3 days!

Day 1: Downloaded the app, like normal, and then tried to open it. The screen show the CBS ALL ACCESS logo, as if the app is loading (just as netflix or any other app does). Sometimes Netflix takes several minutes to load, so I am used to that, and sat and patiently waited for the CBS app to load. After 15 minutes, and it still hadn't loaded, I turned the xbox off, turned it back on, and tried to open it again. Second time around, i was doing other stuff too, and just let it set and do it's thing, fast forward 40 minutes and it still hadn't loaded. I turned it off and decided to try again the next day.

Day 2 (yesterday): First thing I did was delete the CBS ALL ACCESS app, and a few other apps that I hadn't been using, in case this was some sort of storage problem. I then reinstalled the app and tried to open it. 30 minutes later, it still hadn't loaded. Turned it off, tried again, same thing. I gave up.

Day 3: (today): When I turned on my xbox 360 it said it needed to install an update, so I let it, thinking this might solve the problem...long story short, it didn't, still same problem. I chatted with one of the xbox "ambassadors" or whatever, he told me to unplug the power from my xbox for 5 minutes, and if that didn't work, unplug my router for 5 minutes and then try. Did both of those things, neither worked, I am still an hour and several tries later, staring at the CBS ALL ACCESS logo on my screen, with no other movement. 

I tried opening other apps, they open and load fine...its' just this app. Has anyone else experienced this? Does this app just not work?

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 1,762 Applies to:

im having the Same issue

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I contacted CBS about this same issue and they said they were aware and working on a fix...that was 2 months ago

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also had the same issue with this app loading. I loaded it on the 360 yesterday and it will not open.  I feel that CBS has so much information steaming through their site that it creates problems. I have an All Access account on CBS and even hard wired into the internet shows are "jerky" and there is a lot of buffering.  Hopefully CBS will work on this and get a solution in place.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue and neither Xbox or CBS seems to be interested in fixing it. :-/

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue. Received an update today and app started working.  

Sorry this didn't help.