CAVE SHMUPS.

Recently got into Cave shoot em ups. Only really played DoDonpachi Resurrection so far, but I've also bought Akai Katana and Deathsmiles.

Any other players out there? If so add me and whats your top 5 Cave shooters.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What`s a cave shooter?

Cave is a Jap software house that produces bullet hell shoot em ups. If you like 2d shoot em ups search for them on Youtube.

You learn something new everyday.

If you didnt know about them,

Deathsmiles IIX is on Games on Demand for $30 i think.  Nothing was translated, but the menus are in english.  I think its better than the original Deathsmiles.

Guwange is available on XBLA.

Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda II, and Pink Sweets/Mushi Mushi Pork are region free, but you will need to import them probably.

Why does Mushi Mushi pork sound so good right now...i think it's time for me to go eat..@Op I to have never heard of Cave shooters but will see what it's all about. Cave Shmups sounded like a disease contracted in Elder Scrolls games i was about to suggest a potion or something.

[quote user="YellowJacket LE"]

Why does Mushi Mushi pork sound so good right now...i think it's time for me to go eat..@Op I to have never heard of Cave shooters but will see what it's all about. Cave Shmups sounded like a disease contracted in Elder Scrolls games i was about to suggest a potion or something.

[/quote]I personally hate the word shmups, but it has become standard usage for shoot-em-ups.  Shoot-em-ups in general are criminally underplayed (there are also good ones out there that arent made by Cave such as Raiden IV & Raiden Fighters Aces).  And they arent so much a disease as an addiction :P

lool gotcha..will def check this out..I love classic style 2d shooting style games so it might even be something i been missing out on;)

I'd been missing out on them for years. I didn't get back into shoot-em-ups :) until I played Ikaruga on the Gamecube, loved it so much I bought the 360 just for Radient Silvergun.  Totally agree with Sin Continuum, these games are massively underplayed and unknown to most gamers, also agree that there are good shooters out there not made by Cave.

^^^^Its always nice to see more and more people get into them.

And i must be hungry also, because in my infinite quest to be the dumbest person on the planet, i called it mushi when in fact its MUCHI MUCHI PORK.  Bah on me.

Whats your top 3 Cave shoot-em-ups?