Catherine: Will it be released in Europe?/Will NTSC work on a PAL system?

Hello

I was just wondering about the game "Catherine" I know that Its coming out in the US soon. But I live in England and I just wanted to know if anybody knows.... If it will be released in Europe/UK?

OR

If I bought the US version will it work on my 360 in England? (I bought the US version of Ghostbusters and it worked fine on my 360 in England)

thank you

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I've heard that it will be coming to Europe, although it may have a different publisher, and no release date has been set so far, as far as I know.

-

As for compatibility with the US version , check an import web-site ( like Play-Asia), they normally mention which regions each game is playable in on the product page.

ntsc is not compatible with PAL. Ntsc and Ntsc-j are sometimes compatible.

PAL and NTSC are display technologies and have nothing to do with region locking. Your equipment would have to be ancient to not be able to handle both types of signal. For example I live in the UK and ordered Ghostbusters the Video Game from the USA, works perfectly in my console because the game is region free.

As to whether Catherine is going to be region free that I can't say. Judging by Play-asia.com though, I'm going to be saying no it wont be.

Ghostlist Games ran a poll in May about which game PAL 360 owners might like to get imported and Catherine was top of the list.  Fingers crossed this happens.

Sorry to tell you guys but I send email to Atlus couple of weeks ago...

Hi [my name],

While it's true there's no current planned release in Europe, this doesn't mean it'll never release there. Atlus can't publish Catherine in Europe because we're strictly a North American publisher, but hopefully a local company will license the rights and bring it to market. We always hope that this will be the case for our games so that Europeans have the chance to enjoy our titles.

As an alternative, you might consider looking into an import copy. Thanks for writing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and AMAZON confirmed that Catherine (NTSC) will not work with PAL consoles...

we pretty much we are all 'fu*ked'

Sorry to tell you guys but I send email to Atlus couple of weeks ago...

Hi [my name],

While it's true there's no current planned release in Europe, this doesn't mean it'll never release there. Atlus can't publish Catherine in Europe because we're strictly a North American publisher, but hopefully a local company will license the rights and bring it to market. We always hope that this will be the case for our games so that Europeans have the chance to enjoy our titles.

As an alternative, you might consider looking into an import copy. Thanks for writing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and AMAZON confirmed that Catherine (NTSC) will not work with PAL consoles...

we pretty much we are all 'fu*ked'

It's a good thing I have a PS3.  Is that region free?

That's odd, I figured Europe would get it before the US.

Good news for the what, 20 people interested in this in the UK? Deep Silver announced they've picked up the rights to publish in all PAL territories so cancel those import orders. No release date but still, good news!

This and Dead Island? I think have a new favorite publisher...