CARRING OVER GAMERSCORE ONTO THE NEXT GEN?

I just wanted to know how would gamers feel about this possibility and whether or not that would be fair for newcomers that want to be competitive with other players.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

competitive with what, gamerscore ?

I think they may as well carry it over as a secondary figure, like how some games retain simplified stats from their previous games.

No big deal, still increases if you play previous games, but it's only secondary to whatever their new system is. I do hope they retain roughly the same system, however, never did like how PS3 handled it.

Don't care really; while it can be fun to get achievements, in reality gamerscore means nothing.

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

Don't care really; while it can be fun to get achievements, in reality gamerscore means nothing.

[/quote]

Always funny to hear when the person saying it clearly works at achievements,the karma achievements on fallout 3 are a dead give away.

-

There are lots of pointless hobbies that people do in "reality",i see achievement hunting as just another hobby as part of gaming.

"Always funny to hear when the person saying it clearly works at achievements,the karma achievements on fallout 3 are a dead give away".

Achievements often work as an incentive to play the game a certain way you may not otherwise have done, and that's a good thing. Doesn't stop Gamerscore from being close to worthless.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"] Doesn't stop Gamerscore from being close to worthless.[/quote]

In your opinion.

I find people playing football,baseball, basketball etc, for fun totally pointless too.

Its just another hobby,its no more worthless than any other hobby out there.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

[/quote]

Always funny to hear when the person saying it clearly works at achievements,the karma achievements on fallout 3 are a dead give away.

-

There are lots of pointless hobbies that people do in "reality",i see achievement hunting as just another hobby as part of gaming.

[/quote]

I like earning  achievements yes, if I like a game will try and get all the achievements.  But I wouldn't care if somebody reset my gamerscore right now.  I don't just get full gamerscore on a game then stop playing it.  I also wouldn't force myself to play a terrible game for achievements.

Achivements. I have no clue how much I have. I don't care to check either. Useless stuff for the people that need to get something out of nothing.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]Useless stuff for the people that need to get something out of nothing.[/quote]

Doesn`t that define gaming as a whole?

-

playing video games is pointless,watching movies is pointless,listening to music is pointless.

we do it because we enjoy it,it means nothing in "real life" but we do it anyway.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]Useless stuff for the people that need to get something out of nothing.[/quote]

Doesn`t that define gaming as a whole?

-

playing video games is pointless,watching movies is pointless,listening to music is pointless.

we do it because we enjoy it,it means nothing in "real life" but we do it anyway.

[/quote]

No, that doesn't define gaming as a whole.  I'm not really sure what point your even trying to make here.  There's nothing wrong with achievements or gamerscore, there are optional though, people would still be playing video games if they existed or not.  It's just a number which to vast majority of people means nothing.