Career Mode - End of Season

Not sure if anyone else has had this, would be interested to know.

I started a career as a player with my pro and my date of birth being in the year 1971.  When I go to the end of season it only offered me the role of manager.  So, I started a brand new career with the same pro, but this time as player-manager and the exact same thing happened, only option was to manage several clubs.  Is FIFA really taking my real age into account?  Billy Bonds played into his 40's you know and I think Stanley Matthews still turns out for Blackpool.  Do I have to lie to FIFA about my age, I thought it was just women I needed to do that to?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The only thing I have noticed that could support your theory that the game takes your real age into account, was when I was playing in a virtual pro ranked match the other night. One of the players had the ball on the wing and the commentary team said 'he is hoping to get a win today on his birthday' or something along those lines. I thought it was a nice touch!

It looks like you may have to lie about your age, there is only one way to find out? Try it and see what happens at the end of the first season ;)

I'm glad you brought this up. I finished my first season and it only gave me the option to be manager for several teams too. I thought I may have done something wrong at the beginning of the season? I started another season last night and only played a few matches, but I'm now thinking of killing that season and change my DOB from 1974 to 84 or maybe even 94 and start another one and maybe get a few more years out of my VP. I was thinking it may have something to do with DOB and me being too old as well???

I always start my pro off at the youngest age so he has time to develop.

I think that's what I'll do from now on... mind if I ask a question totally off subject? I can't figure this out and it's bugging me. Unreal Warfare, I see your gamerscore is 31,083 and you are a level 7, but "The Editor" who started this discussion has a gamerscore of 51,520, but is only level 1... what decides your "Level" on xbox live???

thanks

[quote user="mykemaze"]

I think that's what I'll do from now on... mind if I ask a question totally off subject? I can't figure this out and it's bugging me. Unreal Warfare, I see your gamerscore is 31,083 and you are a level 7, but "The Editor" who started this discussion has a gamerscore of 51,520, but is only level 1... what decides your "Level" on xbox live???

thanks

[/quote]

That my friend is the forum Community User Level (CUL). That is nowadays based on forum post count, the higher the number the more posts that user has. It used to be a way to tell if a member was a good member or not (I used to be an 8 before the forum switch) but now it just shows who's been around for a long time (or who posts too much!).

Don't get it mixed up with the number on your gamercard that shows how long you've been an Xbox Live Member either. Neither are related whatsoever.

You'll also find the odd person around with a M or a V (Moderators and VIPs) and some other letters aswell showing them as established members/staff. D is for developers. I think X is for community managers. Been a while so I can't rememebr them all though. The icons are rarely handed out nowadays, and to be honest I wouldn't pay them much attention to them anymore, especially the Ambassador icon as that has now been merged with the Xperts program.

Outstanding info Unreal.. this  has been bugging me for a long time and I could never find an answer. Sorry for hijacking

The Editor's discussion, but I had to try and find an answer. thanks again...