Card was charged after selecting NO.

On Friday the 15th of November 2013 I saw a 50% off window at the Xbox Home. The deal included add-ons for games from the Devil May Cry series as well as a few Resident Evil games. I attempted to purchase the game Resident Evil 4 when it suddenly told me I did not have enough money to purchase the item. It then asked me if I would like to add enough money to my account to purchase it. I DID NOT want to purchase the game I just wanted to see if I already had enough points. However, I didn't, so I attempted to BACK OUT of the screen asking me to add money by pressing the B button on the controller. After doing so the menu suddenly added money to my account, and then purchased the item without any further authorization! I was dumb founded by this because this has never happened before. I was not sure if it actually charged me or not for the game or if it automatically downloaded a free demo or something. Regardless, I did not have enough space on my hard drive to download it so I was unsure whether it ACTUALLY charged me. I tried to see if the bug would appear again, by attempting to purchase a game I already had (The actual game disc is what I had) which I thought would not allow me to purchase again even if it was through the console. This game was Resident Evil Revelations. I already have the disc copy of this game so I figured it would tell me that or something right?! No. The same window opened and asked if I would like to add money because I didn't have enough. This time instead of hitting the B button I scrolled down the options and clicked NO. Sure enough, it started to download the game and then said I did not have enough space on my hard drive. I was furious! Even more so when I found out it actually charged my card! I also no longer see the window link in the Xbox Home for the 50% deals. I am very frustrated with this and need help to fix this situation and get my money back. It doesn't even make any sense why I would buy a game I already have!!! I do not know if anyone else had these same problems but if someone could assist me that would be great, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If the game started downloading, then it did charge you. You can check your transactions at https://billing.microsoft.com

For future reference, the system now allows payments to be split. So more than likely it was asking if you wanted to use the money you already had in your account in addition to paying the balance on your credit card. Since you have to basically confirm the payment to get to that point, by saying no you were basically telling the system that you did not want to use your balance and just wanted to purchase the game using your credit card.

You can redownload the games from your download history. You can try contacting support to see if they can issue a refund, however everything in the marketplace does state that there are no refunds so there is no guarantee of one. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.