Capture Cards

I want to buy something that will record an save my online game playing right to my PCs hard Drive, any Ideas or does anyone know what it is I need to buy, I have heard of capture cards before but is that the ONLY product out there?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hauppage HD-PVR - I have it, records in 1080p

3 costeffective choices that can give you good quality is EasyCAP USB , Dazzle , Roxio

I bought a Dazzle a week ago then it got myself into big problems trying to make it work right on my PC after spending 100 bucks...

OK I got AVer Media an so far its a real bitotch to instal, keeps failing to update the proper drivers? even though on the Instructions its a easy as put in Disk an Instal Drvers, an then put in another software disk DVD suite 7, and this is all so I can play my xbox 360 on my PC? an record while Im playing??  anyone else use this AVer Media usb cord?

[quote user="CrazyMvM94"]

I bought a Dazzle a week ago then it got myself into big problems trying to make it work right on my PC after spending 100 bucks...

[/quote]

http://www.xbox360capturecard.com/setting-up-your-xbox-360-capture-card/

Finally got it all up an going, but its really stupid the ammount of space it gives you on the software page or capture screen on my PC = about  5 x 10  inches bloody riciculous to try an play a game with that small of a space, anyway Iam going to look up a forum page MAYBE theres an option setting to get the whole screen opened up, jus thought I would post that here in case anyones planing on buying this crappy AVer Media<<  guess I will have to get that first one mentioned here on this post, Double the price I paid but its probably hassel free.

@Miles hey I was looking at that at staples looks good! you can even record tv shows like a DVR with a timer an all that KOOL I think Iam going to order one becuase this AVer Media is kind of grainy on standard def. I finally found a av splitter so I dont have to play off of just my PC..

I've been thinking as well to do this, record my game plays over a live stream but gonna wait a little bit longer. I know there's a capture card out there called Black Magic I think its called, I know it records in HD but it also requires another program to run it. There's a few sites online you can look into that gamers stream their feeds to, most of them show their set up as well so they'll probly be able to help you out a little more. Justin Tv is one of them, there's a few others as well.

Where do you buy it? :D

[quote user="DrearyAMBJORN"]

Where do you buy it? :D

[/quote]

You can buy a Hauppauge HD PVR from Hauppauge directly, from what I know. Since you're in Sweden though, I think you can use LimeXB360.co.uk. They seem to be a legitimate enough website with a lot of gaming hardware available. See here for their policy on international returns though.