somebody put your freaking sign down. i need help

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

nvm i killed him.

I'd help you bro but I think my soul level is way too high.  :(  I'm sure you'll find someone though.  Worst case scenario?  Quit and dashboard out, reload the game, and hope you get put on a different server with more people who are willing to play.  Good luck to you, that boss it a B****!!!!

[quote user="Hollaa Im 3lack"]

nvm i killed him.

[/quote]

You wanna kill him for me now??

was trying to help folks with that last night.  only problem is that i kinda sucked at it.  tended to run in and get killed in about 30 seconds.  hope i at least distracted him for some folks so they could kill him :(

Trick is getting rid of the dogs first.  Get your equip load under 25%, even if you have to take off some armor.  Keep your shield as your defense.  It helps if you go to the path leading down to Darkroot Basin first, and get the stamina regen shield.  I was dexterity based, using a Balder Side Sword.  As soon as I went through the fog, I dodged past all three and up the stairs.  The dogs followed together.  I ran them through with a single power attack using the Balder (both instant kills).  Then jump down as Capra comes up after you.  Once you get healed and in the open, just focus on evading his swings for a half minute or so...it will give you a rhythm.  Then when you see his pauses as he opens up, strike him.  I used about 8 power thrusts with the Balder and brought him down.  It takes a few deaths to get the sequence down, but once you do, you'll pwn him.

i helped a couple people kill him. whenever i was a phantom we killed him in one try. but i can't ever find anyone to help me out. whenever i need help. problem is i never see the white signs anywhere in my game. weird. but i killed him by myself eventually. just lost 20,000 souls doing it :(

I've been playing this on both systems, because I have friends on both, and I see a lot more signs, and get a lot fewer "summon failed" messages on PS3.  Not sure why.  It's also possible that a lot of people on Xbox are playing for the first time, and hollow a lot because they're getting used to the gameplay.

Yep I am still cursing game stop, I pre-ordered the PS3 version and they screwed up the order and gave me the xbox version,.  I'ts just that the PS3 people played the prior game and know how it works I guess.

I tried for hours one night to get someone into a boss fight in Blighttown (on my xbox version), and nothing.  A few signs popped up, and all of them failed.  I resorted to going offline and summoning the NPC.

Yet this morning, I tried on PS3 (gaping dragon), and as soon as I turned human, 2 signs popped up, and both worked.  There is a DEEP learning curve to this game, and even after 400 hours in Demon's Souls, I still find myself trying to figure a lot of stuff out on the fly.  I can't imaging how tough this must be for people who didn't play the first one.

I think you will start to see more and more player interaction on the xbox in a few weeks.  folks are getting used to the game and the multiplayer concept takes a little getting used to.  

why do summons fail?  Tried to summon a few folks last night and they all failed.  I put down my summon sign and after 10 mins. or so got summoned no problem, however i did stand right on my summon symbol and waited.   the next time i dropped my symbol i decided to explore a bit and got a message that my symbol had disappeared.  So does the symbol leave if you go too far away or when someone tried to summon you and it fails?