cant watch tv when xbox one is switched off

ive set up my virgin media box on my xbox one to watch live tv using a hdmi cable

when I switch off my xbox I cant watch my live tv from virgin media, can any1 help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

The console must remain on if you are using the pass-through option on the Xbox One to your cable box. If you don't like that set up then you'll have to hook both the console and the cable box individually to your tv.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.

As far as I am aware, if you have routed your Virgin Media box through your Xbox One to make use of the ability to watch TV via your Xbox, your Xbox has to be turned on to work this as the signal is going from your Virgin Media box, to your Xbox, to your TV - so basically your Xbox is acting as a bridge between your Virgin Media box and the TV.

If you want to use your Virgin Media box, and your Xbox is turned off, that breaks the chain so it won't work - you'll have to instead forget your Xbox and just route your Virgin Media box straight into your TV as it would have been connected before Xbox One.

I'm sure anyone will correct me if I'm wrong in saying this.

I have mine connected via the Xbox in the same way for my Sky box and the Xbox has to be on for me to watch it.

Hope this helps a bit :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.