Can't use or add credit card

Hi,

I have been trying to purchase 1000 microsoft points so that i have enough to purchase the escalation map pack.

I initially tried using the credit card details stored in the system, however, these did not work. I assumed they must be out of date.

I then tried to add my own card details but got an error saying that the card could not be authorized. I then tried adding my parents credit card details and got met by the same error.

I tried the same with both cards online and again, same error. I'm guessing it must be something wrong to do with my account.

Is there anyway i can fix this myself, or do i have to get in touch with the xbox.com admins etc.

regards

ghqwerty94

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm having the same issue.  I think Mister Gwyther that what we would like is to know if someone is even looking into this issue.  the "point issue" is that we can't purchase points online, I would think that would be something you would want to look into as it is causing you(microsoft) to lose money. :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i'm unable to add any credit card info, it keep saying that my card number is invalid, even i typing it right

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here...or worst.

Last week I tried to purchase 1000 MP but I got the same error mesage "the payment instrument could not be authorized" I tried to do the purchase through my console and the web page whit the same results. Also I got the same email from Microsoft saying that my info needed to be updated,so I did.All my info is fine. But I couldn't purchase the MP. I checked with my bank and my debit card is fine,I've been using this card in xbox live from 2 years perfectly. But I can't get my MP.

And this is getting worse!!! Today (sunday) I updated my info again in the web page and Microsoft charged me $10.14 pesos (I'm from Mexico) and I thought "ok,it's working now" and when I tried to buy the MP from my console I got the same error mesage "the payment instrument could not be authorized" but the charged me the cost of the MP!!!

I didn't get the Microsoft Points but they charged me :(

And when I tried to call support I couldn't because the numbers in the web DOES NOT EXISTS (WTF!)

These are the numbers: 34 914534025      900 94 8952

Sorry this didn't help.

We investigated my issue with the Hungarian support, and seems to be clear now - no solution though. It seems, that by transferring my account to the Hungarian region I got only the option to add _CREDIT_ card. Since my card is a debitcard, it was rejected (though I see no reason for the above decision).

Unfortunately when I suggested transferring my account back to the UK, I got a pretty ridiculous answer: regiontransfers can only be done TO NEW Regions. Hence I won't be able to tranfer back even after 12 months. Anyway, I left my complaints with them and hung up. Not very confident if I'll buy a pre-paid card or just leave things they are and not buy online stuff...

Sorry this didn't help.

So I have called customer support twice, and called my credit card company. My card works, and has no attempted charges, even though I've been trying different cards and amounts all night. I've verified everything and I'm convinced this is a Microsoft problem that they can't seem to see or fix.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK so can't edit my previous post so adding to it in this one trying to post the information clearly for support.

1. Tried to buy points on the xbox console and got a payment error.

2. Went to my account page on the computer and checked the card there, it was all current and correct.

3. So tried to buy points on the PC and the initial credit card on the account was fine for an initial purchase of 1000 points.

4. An additional 500 points could not be bought due to an error that stated the payment instrument could not be authorized.

5. Added my wife's card and the debit card neither would work.

6. Checked account balance for the debit card plenty of money there.

7. Tried my wife's card on my wife's account worked fine to buy two lots of 500 points, no issues there so the card is fine.

8. Tried it again on my account - payment instrument could not be authorized.

9. tried it again on the xbox worked fine and bought the 500 points I needed.

10. Tried it again on the pc - payment instrument could not be authorized.

The card is fine, there are no problems with the balance as checked by the bank and shown by the fact of then initial purchase and subsequent purchases on my wife's account and the purchase on the Xbox console after numerous tries online.

This is therefore an issue Microsoft's end and appears not to affect everyone but enough people that it warrants investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah...this is getting really ridiculous...that something I'm paying for isn't working 100% and there hasn't been any word of anyone even acknowledging it

Sorry this didn't help.

I cant put my card through and iv tried so many apparently the xbox market place is having a problem, Im not happy with xbox 360... They've never solved anything for me i dont know why i even ring the support line up. I lost my account 2years ago and its still lost they just won't reset the password. And MSn flip they take the **** i messaged them about my account 5 months ago and still they havent gotten back to me 'There's a problem with xbox live marketplace. Please try again later -_-

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here.  Its retarded

Sorry this didn't help.

exactly the same issue, cards are fine and work on my wife's account no problem. Mine didn't work on my xbox so I logged in on the pc and got the error that the payment instrument could not be authorized on there too. I checked that the card was OK no problems there, tried another card the same issue. Left it a while and tried again, nothing. Just got it to work on the Xbox with no problems. This is obviously an Microsoft issue and needs fixing, the cards are fine, they're being declined for no reason and it's hit or miss if you can get it to work at all.

This had better not affect my gold account renewal.

Sorry this didn't help.