Cant purchase things because i am underage!

Now, I am underage. I am 15, and 16 in April. Now here is my issue, I cannot purchase Doctor who on Xbox video on my tablet or computer because I am underage. I do not have an Xbox (and I don't plan to get an Xbox) all I have is the windows 8.1 computer and the windows 8.1 RT tablet. I went into the parental settings and there really wasn't a way to allow purchases on a windows device but there was on Xbox 1 and Xbox 360 so I allowed those, still I can't buy the show. Next I went into my Microsoft account settings and changed my birthday to where I would be 23 years old, still I can't buy the show. What setting am I missing? Am I just cursed and cannot buy Doctor Who? The weird thing is I can make purchases on the windows store which include some Xbox games, such as "Rocket Riot". I have tried Xbox support with no luck, I have also tried Microsoft support with no luck. This is looking like my last hope. So in conclusion is really, How can I (or my parents) allow me to purchase videos on Xbox video without owning a console? And, how is it I can buy things on the Windows store but not Xbox video?

***ONLY IF THERE IS NO OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO DO THE SETTINGS ON MY TABLET***

My brother (who lives all the way across the country) just bought an Xbox 360, is there a way for him to sign into the parent account or my account on his Xbox and somewhere change a setting to allow me to purchase doctor who on my tablet.

Thank you for your help
-gamertag trentonamor24

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 63 Applies to:

I'm sorry but official support cannot help you circumvent age-restrictions set up on your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no way of changing the age of your account. The age you changed is the email, but the age of you Xbox Profile can not be changed. With your parents permission I guess you can create a new account to purchase Dr Who on. But then you would have the inconvenience of switching accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry But if you are underage you do not have permission to purchase without your parent/guardians permission if you have parental settings but if you do not you are going to have to create a new account

Sorry this didn't help.