Can't play or find my downloaded content for Fable 3

I downloaded the two add-ons for Fable 3 yesterday, Understone Quest Pack and Traitors Keep Quest Pack but when I go back to my game (which is being played offline and on a different gamertag as I don't play online) none of it is there.  I don't understand.

I had no problems downloading and playing the add-ons for Fable 2, they all worked, so why isn't it working for this game?

I created the XBox Live gamertag specifically for downloading content but use offline gamertags for playing games.  I've done this for Fallout 3 too. 

I feel ripped off because I spent these points so I could play the game but obviously I can't cos they're not there.  I was going to get the add-ons for Fallout New Vegas, but if I'm going to have problems with them, then I'm not going to bother wasting money on content that's not there.

Can anyone tell me how to get my content into my game?  Failing that, is there anyway my points can be refunded?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 848 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Traitors Keep Quest-- go to fairfax castle then speak to Hobson. You have to finnish the main game before you can start the traitors keep.

Understone Quest Pack--  Sorry i'm not sure about this as i never got to play it but i think it is in a 1 of the warehouse's in bowerstone industrial.

Edit- The quest is called The voice.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi thanks for getting back to me, but sorry, I've finished the main quest, been back to the treasury room and Hobson isn't there.  I've also been to every single warehouse at Bowerstone Industrial and nothing happens either.

If it means that i have to play the game on my XBox Live gamertag, then that is rubbish because i'm not connecting to the internet to play it when it should download and be available for all account users on my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok have you changed your xbox since you downloaded the dlc.

I'll take it you have had the latest fable 3 update.

Have you tried re downloading the content

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are playing it on a different console then you originally purchased it, then your account must be logged in to LIVE at all times to play it. If you wish to move your licenses to this new console, you can find steps in this sticky post: forums.xbox.com/.../26.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies.

No I don't have a new XBox.  I've had the same console for years.  I downloaded the content yesterday.  All I want to do is play it on a different profile I use on the same console I downloaded it to.

Sorry this didn't help.

And just to be clear, you can play this content just fine on your profile? When you say "play offline" do you mean you just don't play with others, or you physically disconnect your console from the internet?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, I don't play with others and yes, I physically disconnect the network cable from the back of the xbox because I don't want a cable lying across the living room.  I only connect to xbox live when I want to download stuff from the marketplace.

What I'm trying to say is, the profile i use to play my games is different to the profile I use to log onto xbox live.  When we first got the console, each member of my family made their own profiles so they could play their own games on them, get their own achievements etc.  When it came to buying add-ons from the marketplace, it wouldn't allow me to log in to xbox live with my current profile, so I had to create another profile, which is only used for connecting to xbox live and downloading.  Once the content was downloaded, I would then disconnect, sign out and go back to my original profile and the content would be available for every profile if they wanted to play the game.

But this time, the content I downloaded for Fable 3 isn't there.  What I'm trying to ask is, in order for me to access this content for Fable 3, does it mean that I have to start the whole game from scratch on the profile I created for xbox live, which has no played games on it?

Sorry for being confusing!

Sorry this didn't help.

So when you disconnect your console, the only account that can play the content is the purchasing account, correct? Well, I know you said you have never had another console (have you had your console repaired perhaps?) but you might want to try the license transfer anyway. You'll need to hook the console back up to LIVE for a bit and then go to http://xbox.com/drm. The process is fairly short. The license transfer tool can only be used once every 120 days.

Sorry this didn't help.

No the console hasn't been repaired either.  Yeah, the purchasing account is probably the only account that can play the downloaded content but as i don't play games on it, i can't check if the content is there are there are no games on it.  What will the license transfer do?

I've researched my problem and found out from others that Microsoft have put usage restrictions on most content now which means only the account it was downloaded to is the account it can be played on.  

This is extremely misleading because it doesn't tell you this while downloading the content.

I'll try the license transfer, which i feel is a complete waste of time, and if it doesn't work, I shall be calling Microsoft in the morning and asking for my points back.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can play on an offline profile as i have finnished it.

Have you checked the gift shelf in the sancturay.

When you are in the sanctuary can you change your dog into a Clockwork Dog. You get the potion as a gift.

Sorry this didn't help.