Can't Play MW2

Yesterday, I accidently hit my xbox while playing MW2 (Yes stupid, I know). It made a funny noise, so I shut it off right away. I turn it back on, and try playing MW2, and it works for about 5 minutes, then a message pops up saying "The Disc is Unreadable". I can play multiplayer and campaign, and can join games, but only for a little bit. I tried other games and they still work. I tried cleaning the disc and same thing still. The disc has a few scratches on it, but other than that, it looks fine. So, I know BlockBuster has a scratch removal program thing there, do you think if I take it there, it will work again? Or will I need to get a new disc completely? I really don't want to pay $60 for a nearly 2 year old game. Thanks in advance :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

A few things you can try OP in this order.

1, Try to install the game to your HDD, if it installs then it 'may' read enough to boot from your disc. Depending how sever the damage is.

2, If you can not install your copy then borrow a friends copy or rent one and install that to your HDD. Again depending on the damage to your disc it may work.

3, Get the disc buffered at Blockbusters, it might well fix it.

4, Final option is to buy another copy of the game.

Hope one of the solutions that costs nothing helps.

If it does come to buying another copy you can pick the game up pre owned relatively cheap now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.