Can't play maps on MW2 And Mercenaries 2

So I got the 4GB in June and since then have been having issues with MW2 and Mercenaries 2: World in Flames. I bought MW2 in June pre-owned and also got Mercenaries 2 from my friend for my birthday. MW2 works perfectly on maps Afghan, Rust, Highrise, Wasteland and Quarry. The rest is a no go. They play for a couple of seconds and then say disc is unreadable when disc is in perfect condition. Mercenaries 2 just freezes instantly. I asked Yahoo answers and they said to get a hard drive and install my friends MW2 on my Xbox. What should I do? Is it my Xbox or my games?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Its a long shot but have you tried clearing your systems cache?. If not its definitely worth a try.

Go to memory> highlight the memory device> press Y.
This will clear title updates so you will be required to re download them the first time you play a game after clearing.

Is the disc damaged at all, scratches etc?. If so it might be ab idea to take it to a local game retailer and have it buffed. Its usually very cheap and it may help if the disc is damaged at all.

Also you could check out this sticky for tips on dealing with your console freezing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Regarding the Mercenaries 2 question, the server for that game where shut down on March 16. So unfortunatley you won't be able to play that game online any more. Sorry.

(source 5th post down)

Sorry this didn't help.

So we cant play the game Mercenaries 2 without it freezing?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can play Mercenaries 2 offline, but if you are connected to LIVE, it will try to connect to the Merc 2 servers, which are no longer available.

Sorry this didn't help.