Can't play battlefield bad company 2 with my friend on the same network. Please help!!!

As the title says, my friend and I live together and cannot play battlefield on 2 different xboxes using a motorola router.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2018 Views 47 Applies to:

Are you having this issue with this game only, or all games? It sounds like it may be a connection issue in your network.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its an issue with the EA server seeing the same IP address and not allowing a multiple console connection. A way to fix it is to go into the Network settings in My XBOX on both consoles. Have one pull up its automatic connection settings and look at the numbers. Leave the first console's settings alone. On the second console, manually input the DNS Server numbers. For the first DNS Server number copy it exactly. On the secondary DNS Server number, change the last value, I added only 1 to it. There are three or four number sequences in it between 0 and 255 (xxx.xxx.xxx), so if the automatically connected console says 210.96.5.16, manually input the second console to 210.96.5.17. I did this and was able to connect and play with my friend on the same router and on the same squad together. Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.