Cant play Battlefield 3 on live

I get on battlefield 3 disc 1 (multiplayer) and I get disconnected from live. I try to sign out and then sign back in, but i says that i have lost my internet cinnection. my inernet connection is a wireless one, but I have all the updates and I can play live on COD MW3 and Forza 4, just not Battlefield 3. I have opened up all the ports xbox.com says to open, and everything else ive heard of or read. Please help me!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

Hey there Kernen! I understand that you are having trouble playing BF3 on LIVE. Do you get completely disconnected from LIVE when you try to play this game, or are you just unable to connect to the servers? Also, can you confirm that you have the Online Pass required by EA to play this game online? It sounds like you might be borrowing this disc from someone. If that is the case, you can buy a Pass from EA or in-game for 800 MSP. Let me know if this helps, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Firstly, Welcome to Xbox Support Forums. Going back to your question I have found a Battlefield server status www.ea.com/.../battlefield3 and I have also found out why people may get disconnected ...  The Most Common Causes are ... Broken UPNP on your router.  You should disable it.

- This is post 2009 routers. Some 2009 / 2010 Routers will come under this. Log into your routers backend. Disable UPNP and a default PAT system will kick in. This will make ports forward more stable

Firewall Blocking / etc

- Boot MSconfig in start. Disable ur Firewall and AV if its a windows based one. Disable any other process there that might affect you and reboot.

ECN Packets has been enabled by a Net Speed Tool

To fix this :

1. open a CMD prompt AS ADMINISTRATOR

2. type "netsh"

3. type "int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled"

ECN packets are Refused by EA. These are FAKE packets to fool the connection.

Router Firewall problem

Disable your Routers firewall (To test only)

Or use DMZ this will put the device on the outside of the firewall.

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:

TCP: 53, 88, 3074

UDP: 53, 88, 3074

Try this and see if it works..

Try going to Settings on the dashboard, select System, select your storage device (hard drive or memory unit), select Games And Apps. Once in the Games and Apps folder, check to see if you see any corrupted files saved there. The corrupted files will have a yellow circle with an exclamation point inside of it. If there are corrupted files, delete them. Once the corrupt files have been deleted- back up to the storage device (hard drive or memory unit) again. Highlight the storage device. Once it's highlighted in green, clear the System Cache. (You'll need to clear the cache twice so after you've done it the first time, just go back and do it once more.)

After the system cache has been cleared, go to Social on the dashboard. Select Sign Out, select Download Profile, enter your Windows Live If and password to redownload and refresh your profile.

Once that's done- power the console off for about a minute. When you power it back on, sign in to your profile and try to load Battlefield 3.

If it loads okay then corrupted files were your problem. Sometimes they can cause frequent disconnections.

Also, if you're connected to Xbox Live and can't connect to EA then you would need to contact EA. help.ea.com/contact-us

Hopefully the steps above will solve this for you though. Good Luck and keep us updated.  :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there

I am a huge BF3 fan and play it a lot so let me try and help you.

1. Is it a "Lost connection to EA server" error. I get this too and this is due to EA's servers that go offline from time to time. This has been worse of late since the CQ DLC.

2. If its not the above, I suggest that you try connecting via the Server Browser in the multiplayer menu and join a private server instead of anything with "DICE" written on it.

I also suggest that you post on the official BF3 forums as Daniel Matros from the DICE Dev team usually replies to a lot of the server related questions battlelog.battlefield.com/.../2832654624694388054

See you on the battlefield soon :)

Sorry this didn't help.