Can't Hear Game Audio or menu sounds through headset

Hi guys, 

All of a sudden I haven't been able to hear my game audio or the sounds the xbox makes when you toggle between options in the menu through my headset. I can hear and talk in parties perfectly but I just can't hear anything else. I bought a new headset and updated my controller, reset my xbox and everything but nothing has worked.

Hey there a number of issues could have caused this. First of all i would recommend checking if your headphones work on a different controller. Also, if you are using an adapter try using it without the adapter. Make sure you check your in game audio settings and the audio settings on xbox to check whether the game volume has been disabled.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey thanks for the response man,

I've tried using my headsets on both of my controllers but it still didn't work. One of my controllers I haven't updated yet but idk if thats gonna make a difference. I can't use my headphones without an adapter because my controllers are the older versions. My in game audio settings are fine, and I've checked the audio settings on my xbox and I'm pretty sure they're fine too. I'm just confused

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your console enrolled in the Insider Preview Program?

When you go to the settings under Display&Sound, do you have the console set up to also play game sound through the headphones? If so, do you use any spatial surround modes like Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for headphones?

If you set it to Dolby Atmos for Headphones, did you actually purchase Dolby Atmos for headphones? If not, you could only try Dolby Atmos for headphones for two weeks. So check the settings if the headphones work with Stereo or Windows Sonic.

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey bro thanks for replying,

I just tried that and it didn't work either, not sure what to do

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Joooooooooodie,

Thanks for reaching out! So, the headset used to work before with the controller but suddenly it only worked with chat and nothing else? The new headset did not work with the controller and the other is not updated and they are old controllers, correct? It also seems like this is on an Xbox One platform, not a 360 or PC.

Okay, what type of headset is being used? Afterglow, turtle beach, etc. and is it a chat or stereo headset?

Check out the following link for troubleshooting regarding Connecting a compatible headset to Xbox One. Also, try to update the other controller and see if it works with the headset.

We hope to hear back soon :)

Sincerely,
Jasmine
Xbox Forums Support
ಠ_ರೃ

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so one controller works with the headset but the other one doesn't i was just playing ark split screen and the next day the game audio stopped working i could only talk and hear people in chat no game sounds the other controller worked fine but its bumper was broken

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure you volume slider bar is adjusted so your hearing both game volume and chat. Hit the xbox home button to bring up your menu. Go all the way to the right to settings then select audio. You should see 3 volume sliders. One for over all volume at the top , one that controls how much more game then chat you hear, this is the one you want to control. 

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi 

I will be closing this thread as it is linked to a post from October 11, 2018.You are more than welcome to start your own thread detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to help. 

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 33,929 Applies to: