cant get past the force field

after my conversation with elijah and he comes down, when try to go thru the force field to the elevator, i cant go thru the filed. even after i kill elijah the field is still down. not sure how to proceed.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

To add to what Monosocratic said: once you hit the terminal and Elijah says he is coming down you can back track all the way around the way you came in.   Even though the stairs and some catwalks look blown out and you may think you cant clear them just angle to the edges and you'll move along just fine.   If you head out at the very end of the conversation you should find yourself just steeping into the very first room as Elijah moves thru to the vault entrance.   It took me a loong time to do it this way,lots of trial and error, I kept trying to sneak thru or out shoot him and the collar went off too quick. Simplest approach wasnt the most obvious.   You might do a dry run or two and by then you can get out and get the achievement, however I found I could only haul out 5 bars cause I couldnt leg it being overloaded, but no big deal, I never really faced much of a caps shortage, there is plenty to pilfer throughout the entire game.

[quote user="TIMROCK"]

i tried going back the way i came, with the gold bars, but never make it. when i come out the vault, the force fields are down, but when i move towards them, they come up. and i dont have a stealth boy.

[/quote]

Here is how to sneak out with all 37 gold bars.

I had trouble with the same thing. When you exit the vault run to the left and into the tunnel/covered area. Take the first left in there. There's a door that's easy to miss. Haul it through there, and on out, and that will get you the achievement. Don't stop, slow down, or wait for Elijah's dialogue.

i tried going back the way i came, with the gold bars, but never make it. when i come out the vault, the force fields are down, but when i move towards them, they come up. and i dont have a stealth boy.

Can't deactivate it once it's active........ Well, Not that I'm aware of anyway.

I think your supposed to use the computer terminal to deactivate the force field.

You're meant to run back the way you entered BUT it is possible to sneak past him with all the gold bars and past the force fields before they activate, It may take a few attempts at first but it is very possible to do.

This is reference to the end of dead money