Can't download the map packs in Australia?!?!?

I'm stationed in Australia at the moment and have my U.S. 360 with me. I tried to download the First Strike map pack and all the others. Each time it tells me the download is not available in my region. Why is that? The game is not banned here and they use the english version. I can't even upload it to my account via Xbox.com. Am I going to have to mail my hard drive to the states and have a friend download it and send it back just to play it?!?!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

only COD games have this location restriction, your MS points can still be used for other games

Yes.

@Temhotabot

"at you would need to do is create a free Au account, add Au ms points to it and download the English version of the DLC. Then so long as you do not change consoles the other accounts on the console can share the DLC."

Are you sure this is true because I really want the map packs????

Im not sure if its still there, but there was a "sticky" thread at the top of these forums that covered ALL of the information regarding your problems with being out of the U.S. and DLC.

well... microsoft FINALLY allowed APO addresses in the billing section. It would be nice if they would work with us military members, as in, say if you have an APO address, then the region (location based off of IP address) part is disabled. So we would just need the US account and the US disc.

1) Not everything in the Marketplace is region restricted hence why you are able to download certain content.

2) The use of a VPN is a violation of the XBL Terms of Service and would result in your account and/or console being permanently banned from XBL. Would that really be worth $15?

What?!?! So the 6,245 MSP I have are no good? I need to maintain two seperate pools of MSP to download something here? I'd likely come out cheaper paying for a VPN to the states and then downloading them that way. I'm not sure that is entirely true anyway. I just downloaded the extra premium content for my U.S. version of Street Fighter. I also downloaded several xbox live games and add ons without issue.

This is how region restricted content works. In order to access it you must meet all of the criteria:

XBL Account Region+Game Disc Region+Actual Physical Live in Region=Must match

example:

US+US+Au=Denied          US+US+US=Access                  US+Au+US=Denied                US+UK+Au=Denied

Since your account is out of region and the content is region restricted you will not be able to get it with that account. What you would need to do is create a free Au account, add Au ms points to it and download the English version of the DLC. Then so long as you do not change consoles the other accounts on the console can share the DLC.

Also, if you live in a non-Live supported region you would not be able to access the DLC and there would be no work around for it.

It may be because you have halo in your recently played list. This makes you a second class gamer who deserves to wait that bit longer ;)

Seriously though I think its something to do with region blocks on dlc. You may very well have to post your HD back to yankeeland. It does suck =(