can't download rp and m titles

ok so i changed my account thinking that would do the trick even though it says 4/1980 for the old account because i thought i but it younger than that and i still get "this account is not permitted to download content with this rating" so i don't know what to do if this keeps up i might have to sell my 360 because i want to be able to download EVERYTHING.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

once set age and region cannot change after a gamertag is changed

family settings do not affect demos as they are advertising therefore are controled by law

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your account is a child account then it is restricted by default from 'M' or 'RP' content regardless of it being free or paid for. Once an account is created the age nor region can be changed. The latter can be if it meets the Account Migration Requirements and is only for select countries.

If you mean you changed the age on your e-mail account that would have no affect on your XBL account age. That is locked in when you create the account and can never be changed, not even by support.

If you feel that you must sell your console because MS is following the same laws and regulations that all other services must follow then by all means go ahead. Just be aware that the PSN also has these types of restrictions on their network as well.

Once your XBL account age reaches 18 years then you will be given the option to promote the account from child status to adult status. Once you do that then you will be able to download EVERYTHING.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.