Cant Download Media Update

Good Morning,

I want to stream avi. Videos from my PC to my Xbox but it tells me i need to download a medie update. I connect to Xbox Live and start Download and then Nothing happens and i stil cant whatch any Movies.

Please help As soon as possible.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

First I would suggest trying to download it with another gamertag. Secondly you don't mention where in the world you are, apparently the update is not on all of the newly added regions, such as South Africa, yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok but is there somewhere i can download it from say from My PC to install it on the Xbox? I am Currently in South Africa

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately you can't download it on the PC and add it to the console because of the DRM in it.

You have three options really. You can try and set it for download to your console by visiting the UK marketplace link for it on the web, Optional Media Update - Xbox.com. I know it just mentions music but it is the .avi update you need.

Secondly you could try and create a UK account and download it that way, either on console or by using the above link.

Neither may work but both are worth trying, at least until Microsoft update the South African marketplace.

Another option for streaming would be to use a third party program to stream to the 360's Video Library. On my Windows 7 PC I use the PS3 Media Server, which despite its name streams perfectly to the Xbox 360 ps3mediaserver. Essentially it has options to convert files on the fly into a format the 360 natively understands.

Sorry this didn't help.