Cant download game patches

Hey everyone. Last night when playing MW3 i had a disc unreadable error. Once the console reset, I had to download an update...which i did. but since then nothing really works on my xbox (slim). every time i try to play MW3 it asks me to update but then it downloads about 1 percent then i throws me an error telling me it cant connect to xbox live and to try my connection. So i tried that and nothing errors, everything connects perfectly. But still it wont let me download the patch. I have tried downloading an update for Left for Dead 2 but that doesnt work either. Any game that needs an update it gets to 1% and throws out that error. I have tried the following and still no luck. This is all happened since that disc read error. I have tried

- that LB RB X LB RB X update - i can download that fine, but not patches to games

- i can download marketplace stuff

- opened up all appropriate ports and im also directly connected to the modem

- I have cleared the cache, still doesnt work

- i was able to update game patches on my brothers xbox

I am lost on what to do...I have never had this issue before.

The error i get is 396b-0000-D080-0200-8007-0570

Please help!!!! i am going insane.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

just a thought but have you tried clearing your system cache? dunno if it will work but its worth a try, other than that im not sure

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Check games and apps for corrupted data, delete the title updates even if not corrupted, go to system items, delete marketplace system data, clear cache and give it a whirl again.

If your modem has a coaxial cable, you might want to unscrew that while doing a long (5 minute) powercycle.

Also, have you tried restoring your xbox's network settings back to factory defaults?

Sorry this didn't help.

I encountered the same error while trying to download a skyrim update.  I was able to get the update downloaded by using the following steps.

1. Turn off console

2. remove hard drive

3. enter usb flash drive

4. turn console on

5. Run Xbox Live Connection Test

6.You will be prompted for the system update

7. accept the system update and allow it to download

8. download profile

9. start game and attempt game update

10. The game update should install to the USB now.

11. turn off the console

12. reattach your hard drive

After completing the steps above I was unable to transfer the update to my hard drive successfully.  When I removed the hard drive I was prompted for the game update again.  Also, after the update I noticed that my saved Skyrim games had become corrupted.  However, I was able to play online with the update and start a new game.

Sorry this didn't help.