Cant Download (DLC Name Here) EN #

I have a new xbox 360 slim purchased in the United States that is using an English account also created in the United States. The Call of Duty Black Ops disc is also purchased in the United States. According to my research DLC is designed for the version of game you have and not region. However I am stationed in Korea and have an Internet connection of

(20ms ping : 5.33Mbps Down : .87 Mbps Up connection to a Seoul Korea Server via Speedtest.net) ;

(383ms ping : 2.61 Mbps Down : .85 Mbps Up connection to a Seatle Washington Server via Speedtest.net) ;

(236ms ping : 2.26 Mbps Down : .81 Mbps Up connection to Atlanta Gorgia Server via Speedtest.net) ;

(368ms ping : 2.42 Mbps Down : ..71 Mbps Up connection to Dallas Texas Server via Speedtest.net)

Now that my connections are not necessarily aweful and have been get DLC and gaming for about 6 years on. I also went the extra mile to and attempted using a proxy connection to the states and the DLC once again said "Cant Download Annhilation Map Pack: EN 03".  So I dont want to here Its because im in Korea or my connection is the issue. I also dont want to here its because something on my account says Region: US or Korea "tried them both", Language: EN or Korean "tried them both". I did read there was an Issue with marketplace a week or two ago, but that is now fixed. So with all you millions of dollars and staff dear Microsoft with many billions of followers. Resolve this issue for those especially on deployment with English/ US Xbox systems/ accounts and also for the rest of the world. I should mention that so called region specific DLC is a really bad idea. I know that some countries dont allow some forms of content in places like Germany or Australia..... But if we have English/US systems with EN/US accounts then let us download this content, and yes I have purchased the Annihilation Map Pack: EN 03.

For purposes of there searching this issue 'Cant Download Annihilation Map Pack: EN 03' or 'Cant Download (DLC name here) EN #'

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nope that is correct last weeks errors were only due to invalid errors for certain territories due to international laws on content you cannot download us region locked content unless you have a us connection

Only Iraq and alghanistan are the only us bases that I know of that has such connections

This cannot be changed due to international laws and distibution rights ms has no control over this  this is due to governing bodies like pegi us content is esrb which is different body

So yes you will have to wait till you are in the us before you can download it you can however if extreme need be but I wouldn't due to having issues in the future get a korean account and a Korean disk to purchase the correct dlc if you can find a region free disk but you will have issues downloading Korean content outside of Korea

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In order for you to be able to get the BLACK OPS REGION LOCKED DOWNLOAD CONTENT is, since you have a US XBL account and a US version of the game, to go back to the US and download it.

REGION LOCKED CONTENT requires that you meet ALL of the criteria to download/access it. That criteria is:

XBL Account Region+Game Disc Region+Physical Live in Region=ALL must match

Currently you have:                                                   What you would need:                                  OR:

US+US+Korea=Denied                                              US+US+US=Access                                      Korea+Korea+Korea=Access

Just an FYI, the use of a VPN or any other service that redirects the XBL service is against the XBL Terms of Service and could result in your account and/or console being banned from XBL permanently when you are caught.

Sorry this didn't help.

So you telling me the content I have downloaded again that was purchased in the US is some how not affected but only this particular dlc. I also created an account here and it does not reflect as a Korean account so there is another issue in its self. Is there a disc install edition like what borderlands intelligently did.

Sorry this didn't help.

Although I realize it probably was against there code to use a proxy, it still put me in a connection showing as US. So there goes the US+US+Korea issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

VPN are against the terms of use and again as stated using a proxy is not garenteed to work and will fail at 99% so still it is a waste of time so us us Korea will not work you need a us connection

Sorry this didn't help.

So while where at VPN's, why are they not allowed. For some people this method is a security reason and not to mention how would they even know it was a VPN in the first place. Point of a VPN is to appear as one ip address the exact same effect you get with you internet modems.

Sorry this didn't help.

because they bypass the international laws on content

if a company does not allow content outside their region they have every right to restrict content

if there is a korean version you may only download the korean version in korea

it is not ms's job to give you access to us content thats the Military's job

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/Legal/LiveTOU

Copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties protect the software and all other aspects of the Service. We, or our suppliers, own the title, copyright, and other intellectual property rights in the software and Service, and the software and Service are solely licensed and not sold. We and our suppliers reserve all other rights to the software and Service that are not expressly granted in this contract. You do not have ownership rights to any software made available or accessible on or in relation to the Service, or any other aspect of the Service (except you may own your own submissions), regardless of how the software and Service are used, accessed, downloaded, or otherwise made available to you.

We may automatically check your version of the software. We may also automatically download to your Authorized Device modifications to the software to update, enhance, protect, and further develop the Service.

Any software we provide is licensed, not sold. Unless we notify you otherwise, the software license ends when your Service ends.

You must not work around any technical limitations in the software. You must not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer any software that’s included in the Service, except and only to the extent that the applicable copyright law expressly permits doing so.

The software is subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use.

If you use the software to access content that has been protected with Microsoft Digital Rights Management (“DRM”), the software may automatically request media usage rights from a rights server online and download and install DRM updates in order to let you play the content. For more information, see the DRM information in the Microsoft Silverlight Privacy Statement (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=123883).

Sorry this didn't help.

ngocphi, I am guessing you are either with treyarc, Microsoft, or a moderator. Not entirely sure. Why is it then that content that is meant for use in say US working in Korea in this case CD4MW2. In my past research on why there are many versions for each country is due to little things like blood, Nazi symbolism, on rare occasion language. Many people and not just me keep asking this question why region block anything if you have the disc for that content. In Korea i have yet to see a copy of block ops in Korean or English. I am sure its here somewhere, I am also aware of the Korean game board and they are the reason for not games on the Android market. But I also see games far more gruesome than any call of duty game. Yes I do see you post DRM rules above, I must state right now are needed but also are unjust to some extent. Though court cases are probably why they are so. But one thing still hasn't been answered at least I didnt see it. I understand the US+US+US=US and so for KR+KR+KR=KR but i made an account in Korea and still ended up with a us based account. Also say I managed to find a Korean version of black ops it still wont work on my box. So I am being forced to buy a new box. Where as some buddies have PS3 with black ops and DLC downloaded here in Korea with and EN vs Black ops on EN vs of PS3. So in this case whey does PS3 meet this issue and not the preferred crew of the 360. Keep in mind I dont expect you to answer PSN way of doing this as I have only seen brick walls, but they succeeded offering this DLC in Korea to EN based devices and game. Hopefully you have some power to bring this to Microsofts actual attention.

Sorry this didn't help.

Nope same rules applies to ps3 it is international laws that apply to everyone not just ms and no I'm. Not a mod

Sorry this didn't help.

The same rules do NOT apply to PS3.

Ive been stationed in Germany for the past year and a half, and Ive been playing Black Ops on PS3 since its release.

US System, US PSN account, US version of the game, German IP address and I was able to DL and play ALL add on content.

I only started playing B.O. on XBox recently so I could play with my brother-in-laws, and it is ONLY on XBox that the DL content is blocked in my region. Worst part is, the Black Ops I bought came with a code to DL the First Strike maps for free, but wait......I cant.

Again, US XBox, US Live account, US game, German IP address.

DL content works fine on PSN, and blocked on XBox Live, so this isnt just because of the international laws.

At this point my only option would be to mail my hard drive to my brother-in-law in the states, then have him DL the add on content for me, then wait for him to mail it back? That would leave me unable to use my XBox for at least a month. Way to go Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.