Can't download Demo games from United Arab Emirates

Dear Team, Recently unfortunately i bought Xbox 360 with Hard Drive 250GB and Kinect, and i was trying to check and buy some games online, If I set my location in USA (which is the default one) i will be able to get option to download demo games or buy games online under (Games + Marketplace), however i have to provide the (Postal Code), while i can't find the same option when i choose my current location wich is United Arab Emirates, IF i knew that from the begining I wouldn't choose to buy the 250 GB drive attached to it!! The option for downloading the games online should be avilable for all, otherwise this model shouldn't be sold in my Area.

Am not satisfied at all from X-Box services and their way of misleading the people, i will appreciate anyone help and thanks in advance 

Hassan Samir

+971507442454

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="Sembagdod"]

But still from my point of view, it was misleading for the customer, why? because any customer will create his account after buying the product only, as he will not need it in advance, at least the seller should inform the customer that this additional Hard which cost $100 approx. is useless in this country.. as you said partially it's my fault  am gonna back to that shop...

[/quote]

The only company that possible could have misled you would have been the retailer that sold you the unit. The sales rep should have atleast asked you if you wanted an XBL card to go with your purchase. Here in the states many of our retailers try to up sell accessories to go with big purchase items such as; cables, batteries, subscription cards, ms points cards, extra controllers, extended warranties, etc...

However, any customer who is spending over $50 on a purchase, especially electronics, should spend some time online finding out about the product and/or service and the features. That is just being a smart consumer. Doing research can also save you money as some online retailers will have a better price than an in store price or have a bundle deal that you can't find in store.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The United Arab Emirates is not a LIVE supported region. The console can be sold anywhere in the world as it can be used without being connected to XBL. XBL is just an added feature for those who live in Live supported regions. Countries/Regions with LIVE Service

If you are dissatisfied with your purchase you should take the issue up with your retail outlet.

You weren't mislead at all. If you did some basic research you would have found out what countries could use XBL and what countries could not. Just an FYI, if you create an account for a region that you do not live in to gain access to content or services not available in your own region that would be a violation of the XBL Terms of Service and Code of Conduct that you AGREED to when you created your account and if you are caught (posting about it here wasn't a very good idea) your account could face enforcement action.

If you want the full benefits of XBL you need to move to a Live supported region or petition your government to allow XBL in your region. International, copyright, license, local and government laws all play a part in what is and is not allowed in each region. The latter two being the biggest factors.

Otherwise you were not mislead. You were just uninformed, but that falls on the consumer to educate themselves on the product(s) they intend to purchase.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well , that was clear answer,

However i would like to mention that if i was planning to put another country as my location (lie), or get hacked games (steal), i wouldn't post my statement here from the beginning!!

I like things to be done in a right clear way ...

But still from my point of view, it was misleading for the customer, why? because any customer will create his account after buying the product only, as he will not need it in advance, at least the seller should inform the customer that this additional Hard which cost $100 approx. is useless in this country.. as you said partially it's my fault  am gonna back to that shop...

Sorry this didn't help.