Cant Download because of location.

I'm active duty United States Army, I got stationed in Germany and now i cant download any movies or anything from Xbox Live becuase of the location. I dont suppose there is anyway around this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm afraid there is no way around it, if the piece of DLC you want is region-locked. Because your phisical region has to match the region on your account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

only region locked content is locked away from germany (due to their strict laws) USK

you will have to do with either a german account temporarily or wait till you are in the US again

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry but I am in the same situation and have been for two years. I've been toughing it out but every College Football season I have been deployed. Now that I am actually in Germany this season I want to watch my team play via ESPN3 and cannot because of this. I feel that this is unacceptable. The US Military has 50,000+ people displaced here in Germany.

I personally believe since I live on a US Military Installation which is as good as US soil then I should be able to watch this stuff. I have gotten nothing but beauricatic answers from Microsoft. I understand it is a licensing agreement fail however, YOUR MICROSOFT. YOUR RICH. Pay the people so us Airman, Soldiers, Sailors and Marines can watch some football and rent Netflix and download whatever DLC we want. I understand the whole Nazi Zombie thing though since that is against German Law. However, the other stuff should be a wash.

Sorry this didn't help.

it is upto your base to provide a US connection

using a german connection = german laws sorry

Sorry this didn't help.

best bet

buy sprint satilite internet receiver and get a US connection that way

the issue is @sn4ke the german ISP cannot give you a geoip of a US server german isps must follow german laws

the only way is a US server to get a US ip

from stories of other us military members you use a FOREIGN isp which means its not a US service

either the DoD network or wireless salilite connection connected to a US service

Sorry this didn't help.