Cant connect with friend in game or party

Hi I am trying to play with my friend on xbox live..I can be in the same party with him as long as me or him arent hosting it...Same with playing the game..We can join the same room if hosted by someone else....anyone kno what the problem is??? I can connect to all of my other friends.  We are both on wireless internet.  I cant connect to his xbox live parties or anytime I try to join a game he invited me to or he tries to join one I invited him to it fails.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have had this problem too try getting your friend to turn his console off and back on then invite him to a party and it should be fixed, if it's not try doing the same thing with you turning off your console and turning it back on and get him to invite you. After doing to you should be able to chat/play together fine.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this issue myself with several of my friends on live. As far as I can tell it could be something as basic as a NAT issue, or it could be a router issue. For example one of my friends (who I play MW3 with frequently) got a new router and after that we could host each other in parties with no problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

it does sound like your nat setting isnt open . when playin try turning off other devices connected to your internet .

Sorry this didn't help.

You may wish to see what your NAT is set at if it isn't on open this may be causing this. You may also want to try resetting your router, and have your friend do these same steps.

Sorry this didn't help.