cant buy Microsoft points?

im trying to buy microsoft points with my credit card but it wont let me it keeps saying "Your payment instrument could not be authorized. Please contact your provider, or try a different payment option". Ive even tried connecting my paypal account to my account and still no go. im using a visa debit card if that helps and also all my info like billing address is the same also.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey muscle! Just to confirm, you are having issues with multiple payment methods, correct? Have you tried more than one credit/debit card? Are you getting an error code with these messages? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried buying them on the xbox and when i do it says" Cant authorize the selected payment option. Please select a different payment option or add a new one." ive tried another debit card but its still didnt work. Could it be possible that my account is blocking purchase from microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

Definitely possible. 1st make sure you remove any old cards on file. then double check your billing info that you have on the card and make sure that matches what you believe your financial institution has on file. if it doesnt work after that then you need to call the bank or credit card company to make sure they arent blocking purchases. if they say they arent then wait 24 to 48 hrs before you attempt another purchase. after waiting, try again. if it still doesnt go through then you are pretty much stuck buying prepaid MS points cards.

Sorry this didn't help.