Cant believe they changed all the move inputs

Ive played MK1-2-3 UMK3 to death, it took me years to remember all the moves and alot of combos

Finally got MK Komplete and WTF pretty much every move input is changed... Komplete Crap havnt played it since the day i brought it, no way im learning even one character again, the game is AVG at best anyway

Glad i didnt pay much for it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="DrGreenThumb NZ"]

Ive played MK1-2-3 UMK3 to death, it took me years to remember all the moves and alot of combos

Finally got MK Komplete and WTF pretty much every move input is changed... Komplete Crap havnt played it since the day i brought it, no way im learning even one character again, the game is AVG at best anyway

Glad i didnt pay much for it

[/quote]

Some of the inputs have changed from 15 years ago, yes, though note many of those moves changed with earlier games from last generation.  Mortal Kombat (2011) is a new game that retells the original trilogy.  If you want the actual original trilogy, you can purchase the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.

Also note that High Punch, Low Punch, High Kick, Low Kick, and Run are gone, replaced with Front Punch (1), Back Punch (2), Front Kick (3), Back Kick (4).  Throw is now on RB and you can dash forward or back by pressing Forward x2 or Back x2; very simple and quite effective.  If you want your controller to feel more like the classic layout, remap as follows:  Front Punch to "A", Back Punch to "X", Front Kick to "Y", Back Kick stays on "B".  It'll feel far more natural to you.

The input changes that you're frustrated with are by no means the end of the world and quite easy to pick up if you try as the majority of the moves use very standard combinations.  Sub-Zero's Slide, which used to be Back + LP, LK, BLK is now Back, Forward, Back Kick.  Kitana's Fan Toss used to be Forward, Forward, HP+LP, now it's Down, Forward, Front Punch.  Mileena's Sai Throw used to be hold HP for 2 seconds and release, now it's Back, Forward, Front Punch.

The game is absolutely amazing, though if you choose not to play it over this, well, that's your choice but as a classic Mortal Kombat fan myself I can assure you that you'll be missing out.

--
Juxtapose13

"Sub-Zero's Slide, which used to be Back + LP, LK, BLK is now Back, Forward, Back Kick"

Thats what im talking about even simple moves like that have changed, its not to hard to remember but it just feels wrong to me not having original inputs, its like changing a street fighter fireball form half circle forward to back back - forward its stupid as

[quote user="DrGreenThumb NZ"]

"Sub-Zero's Slide, which used to be Back + LP, LK, BLK is now Back, Forward, Back Kick"

Thats what im talking about even simple moves like that have changed, its not to hard to remember but it just feels wrong to me not having original inputs, its like changing a street fighter fireball form half circle forward to back back - forward its stupid as

[/quote]

Again, your choice.  It's not complicated to learn the new inputs, but if you want to miss out on a great game over that, then that's your decision.

--
Juxtapose13

Those moves haven't been the same after MK4. So I'm not sure why you're so baffled.

[quote user="PhillyBreezy"]

Those moves haven't been the same after MK4. So I'm not sure why you're so baffled.

[/quote]

I'm sure it's because he stopped playing after Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.  Many, including myself, didn't touch the franchise starting with Mortal Kombat 4 and onwards.  The move input changes surprised me as well, but as I mentioned above, are very easy to adapt to.

--
Juxtapose13