Cant authorize the selected payment option

im trying to purchase mw2 on xbox but when i do it pops up with this Cant authorize the selected payment option. please select a different payment option or add a new one. please help!?! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You have to wait a while before your credit card information registers to your account. You can always buy the Points then use the points to buy the game. Pressing X will give you the option to pay with Microsoft Points. You can also try Buying the game from the xbox.com website and add it to your download queue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i tried to buy the game with msp but it came up with the same error. i just got the xbox on christmas and just made a new account and i bought 1600 msp and couple days later i bought  800msp then after that i tried to buy 400msp but thats when it didnt let me buy anything else. Also i just tried to buy the game off xbox.com and it popped up with this Sorry

Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Itzz Ezio,

Have a look at our sticky post to Troubleshoot issues purchasing content.  If you are still seeing the error, please include the information requested at the end of that post here.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.