Can't access DLC [Oblivion/Fallout 3]...

So, my roommate was playing Oblivion on his normal, non-XBL account. He wanted to do something DLC related (like go to the Shivering Isles) but noticed it wasn't marked on the map, nor was any of the other DLC. Thinking that we just hadn't redownloaded the DLC after having got our new Xbox a couple months back, so he got on my account and redownloaded them. However, the fact that each own downloaded instantly hints at the fact that it was already there to begin with. When he went back into the game on his account, no DLC. And we know this is a new thing because previously I had made several different accounts on the old Xbox 360 for the sole purpose of playing Oblivion with different characters because unlike Mass Effect, it doesn't separate save files between characters. You get one date sorted list for all the characters you've made.

Anyway, my roommate then decided to play our Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition instead thinking that since all the DLC was on a disc already installed on the system he should be able to access this... again, no DLC.

What's wrong and how do I fix it? My roommate would rather he didn't have to start all over again on my account.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 139 Applies to:

So he is trying to play it on a different console to the one he purchased it on?. If he has not done it yet he will need to transfer the game licences to the new console.

I cant access my downloaded games or D
LC.

My DLC will not work offline.

Hopefully these two links will contain all the info you need to get them working again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, that second link is helping with the Oblivion problem. Not sure if it will help with the Fallout 3 problem as that DLC is on a disc... that we bought used. Wait, would that mean my roommate would have no way to access it due to this license thing since it was installed on a different console and account altogether the first time?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK glad to hear that is helping with Oblivion.

About the Fallout issue, does your friend still have the disc with the DLC?.
If he does would you ask him to delete the DLC from the HDD then re install it from the disc while his profile is signed in?.

With it being on a disc the licence is tied to that so it 'should not' have any affect on his ability to use it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I remember for Fallout that the DLC was available via Radio Station broadcasts and quests that became available randomly after leaving the vault. For how long has your friend been playing? At what point are they during the campaign?

Sorry this didn't help.

That's how I remember it too. Operation Anchorage opened up for me while wandering around the D.C ruins, a distress signal from some Brotherhood of Steel guys should appear on your radio along with their location. I know Broken Steel opens up once you finish the game but I've no idea when The Pitt, Mothership Zeta and the other one open up.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, he inserted the DLC disc and is currently waiting for all of it to install... which seems silly considering it's already been installed on my profile. So, I take it this means we'll have two copies of all this data on the console. But yeah, it seems like that was problem.

Thanks a lot everybody. Now my roommate can tide himself over until Skyrim a little bit longer. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Anytime Alkaiser..

It seems from Mr Fitzer's and Vernier's post you may not have needed to re install the DLC. That was my bad man I did not know it was unlocked the way it is during the games progression. Glad they have more knowledge about this than I do.

Main thing is its all working now its a good result all round.

Sorry this didn't help.

No, the DLC popped right up after installing it under his profile. The help was appreciated Mister Fitzer and Vernier, but my roommate isn't that dumb... most of the time. :D They were indeed radio broadcasts, but they only showed up post second installation.

Sorry this didn't help.