Cannot Use Time Warner App

I apologize in advance for the lengthy description.

We recently went back to Time Warner after a year with Uverse.  When I tried to install the Time Warner app on Xbox 360, I inadvertently entered my old user name and password.  Of course, I eventually got a message saying my subscription had expired, but I have been unable to enter my new information into the app.  I have uninstalled and re-installed to see if I could start the process over: no luck.  I called TWC tech support, as instructed in the error message, and was told that it's a problem they don't know how to fix.  

This can't be rocket science.  Can someone help me?  I very much appreciate it.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi there jrmerrill,

Typically all issues with 3rd party apps need to be handled by the specific 3rd party. I'm quite surprised they had no clue how to assist you in logging out of the app they made. If you're willing, you may be able to reformat your Xbox console and try again.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks DrakkenSaer.  I formatted it, but when I downloaded the app, the username and password apparently came with it.  I'll give Time Warner another try, but I'm not hopeful.  I'll report back after the exercise.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yikes! That does sound pretty weird. Perhaps the app remembers the IP address of your console instead of looking to the console's cache to find the login details. Power cycling your modem might be worth a try in that case. I hope everything goes well with Time Warner!

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yikes! That does sound pretty weird. Perhaps the app remembers the IP address of your console instead of looking to the console's cache to find the login details. Power cycling your modem might be worth a try in that case. I hope everything goes well with Time Warner!

If this is XB360 then you're probably having the same problem we're having here... https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/5a29afe3-d890-4a3f-89aa-ba2556f32c7f?page=1

Sorry this didn't help.