Cannot retrieve information from Xbox Live. Status code: 80190864

I'm trying to renew my gold subscription but this keeps coming up. i tried updating the credit card and billing information, but nothing happened.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 114 Applies to:

same thing happening to me

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For that error, I'd recommend talking with Xbox support. You can use the Click2Call system to get to the head of the queue and, right now, the hold time is less than a minute per the web page.

1) Go to http://support.xbox.com

2) At upper right click on SIGN IN to sign in w/ your Windows Live ID & pswd

3) Go to the dark grey bar at bottom. Find CONTACT US at left and click on it

4) On the Contact Us page, set Prduct to Billing and Subscription, set Category to Credit card failed when you tried to purchase an item or add another credit card  and Issue Type as appropriate

5) Scroll down to REQUEST A CALL FROM SUPPORT and click on REQUEST A CALL

6) You will be prompted for your password again

7) On the Request A Call screen, check (and, if needed, update) your phone number in Step 1, and put a description with that error code in the Step 2 'Tell us more about your issue' box then click the green SUBMIT button at lower left.

Sorry this didn't help.

This happened to me once due to incorrect billing information.  I swore I had the right details, but they were somehow incorrect and my account was locked.  you will need to call support to unlock it as outlined above.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

If you are getting this error message it's because the payment option has a billing decline violation against it and can’t be used. If you have an unpaid balance for a previous subscription on the payment option you are trying to use, use a different credit card for the purchase. Unfortunately this means that your account either has a payment due on it or a decline on this specific payment method (due to a dispute or what not) you won't be able to use this specific payment method with the account any longer.

Please resolve the billing dispute or payment that's required on the account before you can access XBOX Live Gold by first adding a new payment method to your account, and then removing the old payment method by going here. Once a new card has been added, please contact XBOX Support via this link here to speak with a representative over the phone to pay the balance due. After you've done that, you should be able to upgrade your gold subscription.

A problem like this usually occurs when you've forgotten to turn off automatic renewal on the account and when Microsoft tried to charge the account there was not enough money on the card or it was declined by the bank or you by contacting the bank. This puts your account in an overdue status and you cannot redeem any sort of points or LIVE subscription cards on the account until it is resolved. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hassassinade PLEASE HELP i tried to transfer the outstanding balance onto another credit card and it says card cannot be authorized!and my card is linked to my paypal and the paypal is the payment method that has the outstanding balance.

Sorry this didn't help.

You'd need to contact phone support in order to pay the balance. I don't think that process works correctly online.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an error that is steming from a past due balance that has not been paid. The balance is in a "Write Off" status. Think of it as Xbox forgiving that balance as it has been declined for a lengthy period of time. This is a simple fix for the support agents, all they will be needing to do is remove the Payment Method and the account will be up and running. This process should take less than 10 minutes.

Please be signed into your account prior to calling to expidite the verifacation process as that is what will take the longest time. Hope this is a helpful answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey bro, I don't know if this helps or not but same thing happened to me and my account glitch out and I had infinite live.. But when I brought my xbox to my friends house and connected to Internet..... My account jst fixed on its own

Sorry this didn't help.