Cannot renew xbox live gold

Hello, I'm having trouble renewing my xbox live subscription.

Each time I try, regardless of the subscription I try ti purchase, it tells me that there is an issue with my account and to go onto account.live to see if there is anything to fix.  There isn't/  I've changed my password and my secret question, deleted and re downloaded my profile, and deleted and re entered my credit card info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Check the billing site to see if there are any errors - https://billing.microsoft.com

If not, call support and talk to billing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This has happened to me before. Make sure that you have the funds. If you do; Microsoft may have locked the credit card on your account. just talk to customer support or call 1-800-4MY-XBOX tommarrow.

Sorry this didn't help.

With the account.live.com error, you will also want to update any of your account security information on account.live.com. This includes changing your password. Another issue is if your contact email matches your Windows Live ID, then this can trigger that as well. You will want to get it changed so that they do not match. That error leaves billing support with very few options as there is not a lot of information to go a long with it to figure out why the purchase is failing.

Sorry this didn't help.