Cannot Purchase Anything

Firstly, I am an Xbox gold family pack member (not the owner). I used to be able to go through the very long process of granting allowance to myself through the owner which I cannot do anymore.

When I try to purchase anything the download menu does not say anything like "confirm purchase".

(Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VfSnzje.jpg)

As you can see I can select "Add Payment Option" and all that menu says is "Redeem Code" for prepaid cards.

So I then dashboard and go to "Account Management" when I try to "Manage Payment Options" it comes back saying "...go to xbox.com/error " although does not give me an error code.

(Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/GGYTxPt.jpg)

It is worth noting that every other member of the gold family pack can purchase items. They have an extra option in the download menu "Confirm Purchase".

I just want to give you my money! I gave as much detail as I thought was needed. Ask any questions if needed and I will answer the questions with as much effort as possible. Also thank you so much!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

Hopefully the information provided by MOZ has solved your problem - but in response to your PM, you would be getting an underage message popping up.

There is a very helpful thread on how to promote a child account to an adult account (if the age is now correct) located forums.xbox.com/.../153165.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi seems to be a common issue at the moment and one which has affected me; I could not buy anything online or on console event though all methods valid and enough funds etc.

After contacting support here: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

It turns out the issue relates to a risk block where by if you buy numerous items in a short time scale or have  suddenly bought something after a long break then the system automatically lock your account to prevent fraud.

To remove the lock please contact support as above and explain the issue.

Be aware it took 5 days for a resolution for me but I have been told now up to 20 says so please be patient.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too am on a Family Pack. I am not restricted in any way as far as child/adult. However only the master account holder can use cash. Since they recently switched from MP to cash the only person on a Family Pack that can purchase games is the master account holder. They are in the process of breaking up the Family Packs and turning them each into their own separate account. Until your account goes through this process you will have to purchase things through the master account holder. Hopefully this process will be completed for everyone soon.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm this may be very likely. How can I check?

(I am 19; [MOD REMOVED])

EDIT: If so how can I change it?

Mod edit: Please don't post personal information.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Game Over,

Just to clarify (and hopefully help get your problem resolved) is your account classified as a minor/childs account? The other accounts on the family pack, are they adult accounts?

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.