Cannot purchase and download any content that requires money on the Xbox One.

Hello, everyone.

I currently have around $80.00 on my Microsoft account. However, I can't use it to purchase anything. Upon trying to purchase and download any content that's not free (I.E, Battlefield 4's Premium, Killer Instinct's full character unlock, etc.), I am shown the following error message.

An error occured while completing this operation.

Give it another try. If this happens again, let us know by entering the code below at xbox.com/errorhelp so we can investigate.

Purchase-Billing-9000

(5C3977DE-E1EA-4CF7-99C3-3C857C7D626C)

2013/12/29 - 02:01:59 UTC

This error, in various forms, has been appearing for me since the switch from Microsoft Points to local currency occured. I've spoken with Xbox support and was supposed to receive an email, but I've gotten nothing. Has anyone else had this issue, and how have you corrected it if you have?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry this response doesn't solve your problem. I'm just here to say that I'm having the same exact problem as you. So i just want to let you know that you aren't alone on this. But I have no idea how to solve it. Support has no idea what they're doing, so I feel lost and have no direction to go to get this situation solved. I just wish I knew why this was happening.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

G'day Mundar, sorry to hear about the purchase block! My best advice to you is to keep in touch with the support team that you already reached out to. If you're expecting an email from them, it can take a few days to receive but they will be the best point of contact regarding this issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, thank you. Just one question, though.

In the event that this is an account issue, is there any way that I can transfer the $80.00 on my account to another account? I can't really afford to lose all of that money over something like this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue on xbox one I have logged with support and suggest anyone getting this issue do the same however at the moment I don't believe Microsoft at this moment in time understand the issue I logged this before xmas had one email what fixed another issue I was having with subscriptions.

Sorry this didn't help.