Cannot play original xbox game on 360 slim

I'm sure this has been posted a million times but I need help and cannot find it. I have a 360 slim and was told I could play mvp2004 on it since it is on the list. Then found out I needed a hard drive so I purchased a 60 hard drive and put it in. Game still doesn't work. Xbox gold expired yesterday. Is that why my game won't work?? Thanks and sorry if this a question asked a million times.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You're correct that to play original Xbox games on the BC list requires a hard drive, but not any old hard drive.  There has never been a 60GB hard drive for the Xbox Slim.  The official Microsoft hard drives are either 250GB or 320GB.

You have a fake hard drive.  The reason why your original game still doesn't work is because your hard drive is missing the necessary secondary cache which is only available on a official Microsoft hard drives.  The only way your game will load is with an official Xbox 360 hard drive.  Nock off cheap drives from private sellers on sites such eBay, and Amazon just won't work.

Xbox Live Gold is not required to play original games.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi CardinalTopher, Thanks for your post. - You need an official MS Xbox 360 Hard Drive indeed, but do you have purchased the Hard Drive from Microsoft? If you bought the HDD from a retailer, it may not always fit out the way it need to go. As far as I know, the game does not require an Xbox Live Gold Membership. Is there an error popping up? If yes, would you mind to provide the exact error you get? - Thanks and we'll wait your reply.
Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.

I got it on amazon. It says I should re-download the game. Thanks everyone for the help! Sounds like I need to send it back and get the  official 250. Thanks again!

Sorry this didn't help.